- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.4 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to prepare oriental fried rice .
Among the selection of rice recipes, this fried white rice enriched with other ingredients, usually with vegetables and eggs, also known as Chinese rice or oriental rice, could not be missing .
An easy and very healthy oriental fried rice recipe, as it is a complete dish that combines its ingredients perfectly. Although this is a simplified version of the rice they serve in Chinese restaurants.
In case we usually put it as an accompaniment to another dish, although it also serves as a dish in itself. In Venezuela and Colombia it is known as ” Chinese rice “, in Peru it is called ” chaufa rice “, in Ecuador it is called ” Chaulafan ” and in Peru you have a very similar one, Arab rice .
The ingredients used in making fried rice vary greatly depending on the area of the world in which you are. They usually include carrots, bean sprouts, celery, peas, and other meats such as chicken, pork, prawns, or sweet cooked ham.
I leave you with this easy, fruitful and very tasty recipe, perfect for the weekly menu or as an idea for your weekly batch cooking .
Preparation of oriental fried rice
- We put a saucepan with water to heat, when it boils add the carrot in small pieces.
- Also fresh peas (if you use tinned peas like me, it would not be necessary to cook them).
- Add a pinch of salt and cook for 10-12 minutes. We reserve.
- To make this dish we have opted for a round grain rice that helps us control the recipe without problems. We put a liter of water to boil in a saucepan and when it is boiling add the rice and half a small spoon of salt.
- Stir occasionally and test after about 12 minutes to see the consistency of the rice. When it is almost done (it should be a little hard) it is time to remove from the fire.
- Drain in a colander with cold water, so we let it cool to stop cooking and leave the grain smooth.
- While it cools, in a large frying pan, brown the ham that we have previously cut into not very large strips.
- It should be done over high heat so that it will brown quickly, with a minute being more than enough.
Preparation of the omelette and prawns of the oriental fried rice
- We prepare an omelette with the eggs, heat the pan in which we have sautéed the ham with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- We beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. When the oil is hot, pour in the beaten egg.
- You just have to cover the bottom of the pan, it must be quite thin. When it is ready we remove it from the fire and cut into very thin strips. We reserve.
- We cook the prawns lightly until they change color in the water in which we have cooked the carrot.
- Peel and sauté in a frying pan with little oil. Pour the rice that we have reserved in the same pan and stir for a minute.
Final presentation of oriental rice
- We can only add the rest of the ingredients, you can include bean sprouts.
- I like the crispy touch it gives the rice. Finally we rectify with salt and serve very hot accompanied by soy sauce.
- If you are not enthusiastic about the oriental theme, it is also perfect to take with some chicken wings , a breaded steak or a grilled fish. Imagination to the power.
You can see all the photos of the recipe in the step by step of the next album