- Very easy
- 15 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 190kcal per 100g.
How to prepare Olivada or Tapenade .
I have recently become fond of the taste of this recipe between appetizer and cream . I’ll be honest, I tried it a few years ago and I wasn’t too excited about it.
But in the last few months my palate must have changed, since I have become a super fan of the Tapenade . I have introduced it in my kitchen in a wild way, both to spread on a freshly made toast as an accompaniment to fish and meat.
For those of you who know the word tapenade to Chinese , it comes from the Provençal term ” tapéno “, which in Castilian means ” just ” or ” capers “.
This popular food in the cuisine of southern France , where it is served as an aperitif. It is said to have been invented a little over 100 years ago by the chef at La Maison Dorée in Marseille. Although it is documented that this type of olive-based pasta already existed for many years.
If you like this type of dips, this oliva directly rivals a hummus or the eggplant mutabal .
Perfect for spreading on toast, as a base for a good sandwich or as a condiment for pork or veal fillets, salad dressings, grilled fish or vegetables. I hope you like it and prepare it at home.
Preparation of the black olive
It is a very, very, very easy recipe. The only downside is to remove the pit from each olive, which takes time.
I recommend that you buy pitted black olives, much more expensive but that save time in the process, so that in 5 minutes you have it ready.
- We pit the black olives and reserve. If they are boneless, drain them well from the liquid in the pot and add them to the mixer glass.
- We put all the ingredients (including also the oil from the can of anchovies) except the extra virgin olive oil and crush with the blender to form a cream or paste.
- We add olive oil to the mixture as needed until it is linked.
And we would already have our homemade olive grove, nothing to do with those that are bought out there, also the advantage of making it at home is that it is to the taste of each one. I hope you dare to prepare it, you will tell me.
Tips for a fluffy olive
- This recipe can be made by a child, you can even prepare it in quantity and leave it in the fridge covered by a layer of extra virgin olive oil for up to 15 days and, of course, freeze and use when you feel like it
- This paste consists of finely crushed black olives along with capers, anchovies and extra virgin olive oil.
- This main base can be tuned to the consumer’s taste, with the ingredients that you like the most at home. Garlic can be added even if you don’t overdo it.
- Add Provencal herbs, basil, oregano, lemon or lime juice or nuts.
- Even some liquor that you are passionate about or even tuna in crumbs. Variations can also be seen with green olives or dried tomatoes