- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 285kcal per 100g.
How to make roasted ribs .
I love meat recipes and especially those with pork ribs.
One of the pieces of the pig that is not usually given the fame it should have. Although if they are prepared well they are perhaps one of the best parts of the pork.
I have used them in stews and rice but as I like them most they are baked and with barbecue sauce . Although if we want a more classic and healthy version, the best they are they are baked with some potatoes .
On the blog you will find a multitude of recipes, from the classic candied ribs to the traditional garlic ribs .
The pork ribs are consumed and a multitude of ways of preparing food.
Today I present you a simple recipe with a side of potatoes already included. It is about rubbing them with a rich marinade and adding vegetables to give it a touch of color and flavor.
A classic in many houses, following the step by step of this recipe, you will get delicious, addictive, tasty, juicy ribs … well, what I said, to lick your fingers.
A few pork ribs that combined with vegetables and potatoes, make it a very tasty recipe. You will like.
Preparation of potatoes and marinade of ribs
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices, not too wide, about half a centimeter.
- We are placing them in a baking dish making a bed. We salt them and on top we add a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- We prepare the dressing for the meat, peel the garlic cloves and put them in a mortar.
- Add two teaspoons of thyme, 6 tablespoons of wine and a splash of oil. We crush everything and reserve
- Peel the onion and cut it into julienne strips. We also cut the green pepper and the red pepper.
- Add the vegetables in the bowl, on top of the potatoes.
- Add a glass of meat stock and a glass of wine to the source.
- We cut the rib strip into sections of about 2 ribs. Then we season them with part of the mortar preparation.
- Salt the ribs and place on the plate, on top of the potatoes and vegetables.
- We preheat the oven to 180º C.
Baking and final presentation of the baked ribs
- We put the source in the oven at 180º C and leave it for 50 minutes on the oven tray.
- Halfway through cooking, 20-25 minutes turn the ribs and add more dressing so that they are well spread and do not dry out.
- When we see that the meat of the ribs begins to recede and the bones appear, it is that the meat is in its place.
- We remove the ribs and reserve them.
- We serve very hot with its garnish.
The ribs are very tender and juicy, with a touch of pork that is so delicious.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for some roast beef ribs
- If you have never tried them this way, I assure you that it will become a sure success, a meat that melts in your mouth and a flavor that will never have a tenderloin or sirloin.
- All are advantages, the price of this piece is very cheap and its flavor is delicious, but it has a problem, time.
- They usually take at least an hour in the oven, although the truth is that the cook does not work much, because it is the oven that does the hard work.
- It will even help us in a very simple way for those who are not very cookers and who think about cooking, easy and without staining the kitchen.
- This recipe is taken as a single dish, if we can accompany it with apple puree or jam, a good well-seasoned mixed salad or some wonderful Padrón peppers .
- To accompany these ribs, nothing better than a very fresh white wine from my land. Eating the ribs with your hands is allowed. Bon Appetite!