- 70 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.7 € / person
- 257kcal per 100g.
How to make a homemade apple cake .
This recipe for cake mix recipe for the cake nuts with that of the apple pie .
This sponge cake adds that touch of fruit that makes it almost irresistible. Perfect for baking at home and having a slice for breakfast.
A delicious sponge cake with all the flavor of this fruit that everyone likes. We also combine a very rich fruit that has great satiating power and is very low in calories with the classic breakfast or snack cake. A successful mix against any industrial bun.
The good thing about this cake is that you can prepare it throughout the year. Although the harvesting of the apples is in summer, the later ones are optimal to keep in winter.
If you have a cool place at home they can last for months. We usually collect a huge quantity because we have several types of apple trees and we always have a place for them near the winery. The smell when entering through the door is impressive, it makes you want to stay there forever.
The apple easily combines both salty and sweet recipes, it is undoubtedly one of the most appreciated fruits in our culture and a star fruit in northern Spain, especially in Asturias. Any dessert we make with apples is likely to please the staff.
I can name a lot of recipes successful blog: breaded sweets , muffins , pie pastry, cakes fruit , crumble apples and raisins, delicious apple , stuffed pancakes , apple pie , strudel and of course , this sponge cake that I present to you. Endless recipes in which the apple is the queen .
Preparation of the apple cake
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until they double in volume, when they are well, add and mix the yogurt with the eggs.
- We must assemble them very well to give fluffiness to our biscuits, the more airy, the better it will be. Mix the yeast with the flour and put it in the previous bowl, beat again.
- In the same bowl we add a pinch of salt and extra soft virgin olive oil. We beat everything until there are no lumps.
- It’s time for flavorings. We wash the lemon and grate on top of the cream. Add the vanilla, a pinch of salt and the cinnamon powder. We beat and we have the cream ready, it will be the base of our cake.
- We preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Peel the apples and remove the center of the apple. We cut into very thin sheets, into thin slices (1 or 1.5 mm). We peel and laminate the apples at the last moment since in contact with the air they oxidize and look bad.
- We pour the previous mixture in a container greased with butter. If you have a removable mold (like the one in the step by step photos), it would not be necessary to grease it.
- Just before putting it in the oven we add the apple slices on top of the cake. We cover the cake dough with the apple slices starting at the center and in circles until reaching the edge. Everything must be full of apples, if they did not arrive with 3 apples, use another. You will see how it is in the photos of the step by step.
Baking and final presentation of the apple cake
- We put the cake in the oven at 180º C for about 45-50 minutes (it depends a lot on your oven). Option of heat up and down, on the rack at medium height so that the heat is uniform and the base is not overheated.
- If you don’t have a grid use the tray. Prick the cake with a fork when it takes about 40 minutes and when it comes out dry it will be done.
- While it is baking we must watch that the bun is rising evenly, being a little more swollen in the center (it is even admissible that it opens a little in the center, some crack always remains).
- If it rises more on one side than on the other, something happens to our oven. Another common problem is that the sponge cake comes out from the sides, normally it happens because we have gone over with the chemical yeast.
- It is important to measure it well, with the envelopes there is no problem but if it is in a pot you have to add 12 grams.
- At the end of cooking it is best to remove it immediately from the oven so that the heat does not dry it.
- We pass it to a surface without unmolding yet and wait for it to harden. Then we unmold it and incidentally we do not burn our fingers.
- Many of the apple tarts are topped with a small layer of peach or apricot jam. With the help of a silicone or conventional brush, spread a thin layer of apricot jam. This will give shine, although it will bring more sweetness to the cake. I leave it at your disposal, it is optional.
As you can see, it is a very simple and very colorful cake. I encourage you to try it at home, a recipe that we always make as a family.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this apple cake recipe in this album.
Tips for a yummy apple muffin
Another sponge cake, this one is very juicy, like almost all those with fruit. I hope you like it and dare to do it as many others have done:
- Chitara , ” This morning I made this cake and it was delicious, flavor, texture, presentation, a 10 for you for putting it so extremely well explained and another 10 for the recipe, at home they loved it.” with your photo that I have to upload to the recipe.
- Ceci : “A fantastic recipe, thank you very much! I did it this afternoon for a snack and it came out great, very nice looking. ”
- From Argentina, Lorenza : “ Thank you very much for this recipe! My family has loved this cake and I have prepared it 3 times in one week! It makes you want to try your other recipes, congratulations on the blog and thanks again. ”
- Marcos : “I congratulate you on the recipe and recommend it. The cake was delicious, and nothing dry, I recommend grating one of the apples and adding it to the cream, it will be delicious. Of course, I needed more than 45 minutes in the oven, baked for 60 minutes, I imagine that by grating the apple in the cream. But I had no problem, implement I watched it and made sure the dry fork came out. It usually happens when I change the ingredients in your recipes. ”