- 90 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 247kcal per 100g.
How to make an easy and homemade apple pie.
This dessert recipe is one of the infinity of recipes, as many as kitchens that prepare it.
Perhaps, along with apple pie with pastry cream , today’s recipe is one of the most traditional.
Today I bring you a classic apple pie , very cheap, simple and quick preparation, made with basic ingredients, which you surely have for your kitchen.
This tart is perfect for those of us who don’t have a lot of time in the kitchen but who, from time to time, don’t forgive a delicious homemade dessert made by ourselves. In a short time and with minimal work, we can prepare this cake.
Apples are one of the most used fruits to prepare sweets and as a pie filling mainly.
There is a wide variety of recipes in which the apple is the protagonist. Apple pie or apple pie, the pie English apple , the apple pie with custard and pastry , the classic recipe French tart apple tatin and simple and no less tasty cake apple and walnuts . They are examples of cakes in which we can use the apple as the main ingredients, all of which are different.
As you can see there is a wide variety of recipes to choose from, but perhaps today’s recipe, the classic apple pie, is one of the tastiest and easiest to prepare, perfect for a delicious snack.
Preparation of apples for the cake
- We peel all the apples except 1 that we will use later for the decoration of the cake.
- Chop the apples into cubes, removing the inner seeds, and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, sugar and eggs to the bowl. We crush the mixture with the mixer.
- Add the sifted flour and beat again with the mixer until we have a smooth cream without lumps.
Preparation of the classic apple pie
- We line the base of a removable mold with baking paper. The paper will facilitate our work when it comes to placing our cake on a serving plate.
- Spread the walls of the mold with butter and place the shortcrust pastry covering the base and sides of the mold.
- We pour the mixture over the shortcrust pastry . We peel and core the apple that we have reserved and we are placing it in thin segments in cough the surface of the cake. We reserve.
Baking and final presentation of apple pie
- In a bowl we mix the jam with the water and mix well.
- We paint the entire surface of the cake, the apple segments with this mixture.
- We trim the excess dough that protrudes from the filling so that we have a smooth edge.
- With the oven previously heated to 180º C, we bake the cake for 60-70 minutes. We will put it in the middle tray with temperature above and below with air.
- If we see that the apple begins to brown too much, we can cover the cake with aluminum foil.
- After this time we remove the cake from the oven and let it temper before unmolding it.
We can enjoy it warm or cold, in any of the ways it will be delicious.
I encourage you to try doing it at home. You can see all the step by step photos of this classic apple pie in this album.
Tips for a perfect apple pie
- A base of shortcrust pastry that we can use already prepared and a filling based on something as simple as apples, milk, eggs, sugar and flour, will result in a luxury cake.
- For this cake we have used a 20 cm mold. in diameter to make it a little wider.
- But if you don’t have it, the most normal ones are 22 cm. or 23 cm. It will be a little lower and equally delicious. If you do it with a larger diameter, you must subtract a little time from the oven, as it will be done earlier.
- This apple pie does not need much more accompaniment than itself but we can serve it with a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream .