- 35 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.4 € / person
Apple muffins . Any day is good to turn it into something special by pairing a good cup of coffee or tea with a delicious homemade cupcake. On the blog you will find in the dessert recipes section various types of muffins, including muffins that are very similar. If you appear in any house with fluffy and especially homemade muffins , the success of the snack is assured. This French dessert reminds everyone of our childhood, at least that is my case. They say that the muffins are a little laborious, but most are quick and very easy to prepare, for example the ones that I present today, apple muffins .
If you feel like changing the fruit, if you like spices they are great with a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla or a mixture of spices for biscuits, the typical one that we find in many German recipes. You will give your touch to the sweet, although I assure you that this recipe is more than tested, it will come out the first time. And if you want them with a pompadour, you should always put the paper molds in metal or silicone pan molds, you must also let the dough rest in the fridge so that the dough rises well and there are more beautiful muffins. I leave you with a lot of tips at the end of the recipe so that your cupcakes are the best in the neighborhood.
It is a very simple and perfect recipe to make with the little ones at home. In half an hour you can have your cupcakes made with an unbeatable result. These fruit-chip muffins, almost applesauce , are ideal for breakfast, but also for tea or coffee in the afternoon. Try to do them, you will not regret it. In a future recipe I will try making chocolate muffins , but that will be another episode of yummy recipes.
Preparation of muffins with apple
- We sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until whitened (a creamy mixture with a little foam). We combine with the butter (previously melted in the micro at 2 minutes at low temperature), the vanilla, the pinch of salt and the milk with a little cinnamon. We beat again until the mixture is creamy.
- Grate the lemon or the orange (the fruit that you like the most). We add to the previous mixture.
- We cover the mixture and keep it in the fridge for at least 2 hours (and 12 hours maximum).
- We peel the apples, cut them into quarters and remove the core. We make small pieces and pass them in a pan with a tablespoon of butter for about 5 minutes at low temperature. We reserve.
- We place the mixture in the molds, filling them almost to the edge, we leave a small space for the apples. On each mold, we put a teaspoon of apple jam. If you want to give a touch to another fruit, you just have to change the apple jam for one of apricot, peach, strawberry … It will have 2 fruit flavors.
- On top of each mold we place a few pieces of apple and a little sugar.
- If you like busted muffins, with pompadour, you must preheat the oven to very high temperature. Normally in my case I do it at about 210º C without air and with heat up and down. If you want to use the fan, remember to lower the temperature by 10º C as indicated in any recipe you make.
- Once the strong oven is preheated, we bake the muffins in the preheated oven at 180º C between 20-25 minutes (as I mentioned in some other recipe, it all depends on the oven, always look with a fork that stays dry …) until they have up, golden and fluffy. Put them on level two of the oven, that is, the second slit counting from below. You can see it quickly when they are, since they are small they are made long before a cake. A trick, the oven must be very hot for the muffins to rise and make without having time to dry.
- We take the muffins out of the oven and brush it with a little jam mixed with water. Let cool and in the event that the mold is silicone, remove the cupcakes from the mold. Let’s try them!
These apple muffins are perfect for both breakfast and snacks, since containing apple in pieces perfectly completes a sweet bite without taking anything else. Particularly as a snack I take one of these in the middle of the afternoon and forget the rest of the day.
An option for a very tender dessert, if you want to keep them in good condition, it is best to keep them in an airtight bag or in a cookie tin. The important thing is that you do not give them the air, as it happens with any other sponge cake.
You can see in this step by step how to prepare this recipe for apple muffins , I am sure you will prepare them on many occasions.
Some tips to make them look rich and fluffy
- All ingredients must be at room temperature, so you must remove them from the refrigerator about 10-15 minutes before starting the recipe.
- The flour should be wheat and loose, not strength. Preferably “pastry”, which you can easily find in any store or supermarket.
- Preheat the oven well to a high temperature (220-230º C) so that they then rise well and take in air, due to the contrast of heat. We preheat with “up-down” heat.
- To get some muffins with pompadour we will use silicone non-stick molds, where we will introduce the curled paper baskets. We will fill the curled paper molds to ¾ parts capacity. With this amount it is enough to achieve a good pompadour.
- Once we have the dough prepared, we will put it in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. The contrast of heat when putting them in the oven will make them grow better and with more “air”.
- The yeast used for cupcakes is Royal chemistry, which makes the dough grow with air.
- As in almost all the traditional recipes of our mothers and grandmothers, here we will also add a pinch of salt, and with it we will be able to enhance the flavor and better aerate the dough.
- Once they are in the oven, we should never open the door, since we would interrupt the process and the cupcakes would come down. We will place them on the metal tray in the central position.
- When we remove them from the oven, we will let them rest so that they settle well and then we already remove them from the silicone molds.
- They will be kept in perfect condition for several days. You can place them on a tray and have them covered with a clean cloth, or better yet, store them in a metal cookie box.