- 45 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.2 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a lemon mousse .
Do you have guests? Surprise them with a special and homemade dessert recipe , a classic lemon mousse. There are many recipes for lemon mousse, but we have prepared this one at home several times and its texture is unmatched. The point that gives the clear mounted to the point of snow, makes it a delight for the palate.
Mousse means foam and that is exactly what is achieved with the mixture of the whites and the cream that we prepare. You can find recipes in which you do not have to mount clear.
Although authentic mousse cannot be prepared without this ingredient, which is precisely what gives it the sparkling touch that gives it its name. On the blog you can find several recipes such as a strawberry mousse , a classic chocolate mousse or an incredible white chocolate mousse .
The lemon mousse is requested when choosing a dessert. If you like citrus and especially lemon, you will surely repeat. A very simple recipe that always works well.
A perfect dessert for those who are just starting out in the kitchen and who want to prepare something delicious for some guests. An option as a dessert because it is light and very fresh. The decoration is something very personal, here you will have some advice but I leave it to your great imagination.
You can use from a mint leaf, to a little lemon rind or as they usually put it in restaurants, with whipped cream . I have given you another option so that you have a choice: ground biscuit and lemon zest. You will tell me which one you have chosen!
Preparation of the mousse base cream
- We wash 1 lemon and remove the skin. In a saucepan we pour two glasses of water and the lemon rind. We cook it for about five minutes. We reserve.
- We take another saucepan and cook the milk, cornstarch or cornstarch and sugar. We stir all the time, to prevent the cornmeal from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- We will leave it for about five minutes or until we get a cream without lumps. We remove from the fire and reserve.
How to assemble the egg whites and make the cream
- We separate the whites from the eggs. Add a pinch of salt and mount the egg whites until stiff.
- Then add the icing sugar and gently stir. We put the mixture in the refrigerator so that the whites do not fall.
- We put the cream that we had reserved on the fire and mix it with the lemon water. (we remove the lemon peel). When they are well integrated, we remove it from the heat and let it warm.
- We add to the previous mixture the juice of a lemon and a half and the zest of half a lemon. Mix well.
- At this point we try the flavor of the cream and, if you want, you can add some more sugar or lemon.
- Take the egg whites out of the fridge and pour the previous mixture.
- Mix gently until all the ingredients are well integrated. We pour it into the containers in which we are going to serve.
Final presentation of the lemon mousse
- We leave it for an hour in the fridge before serving, so that it takes temperature and a little more texture
- We chop the cookies that should be almost like powder. Equally) a little more lemon zest.
- When we are going to bring it to the table, sprinkle a little cookie and lemon zest in each container. So we also decorate our dessert.
You can see all the step by step photos of this lemon mousse recipe in the next album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a perfect lemon mousse
- In the recipe I give you the amounts that I use to prepare this dessert. You can add lemon and sugar to your liking, because each one has its scale.
- In any case, be careful with adding a lot of sugar or a lot of lemon juice, we will always add small amounts to reach the point that we like the most.
- I advise you that if you want to increase the intensity of the lemon, add more zest, instead of more juice. When it comes to serving, it always looks better in individual containers.
- If you have nothing to serve you, you can use glasses of wine, glasses of liquor or a small glass of water. Any container will be fine.