- 90 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make baked donuts .
Today I bring you one of those dessert recipes that succeed every time we prepare them at home, donuts with a touch of anise and citrus .
They have all the flavor of fried donuts , albeit with far fewer calories. And it is that almost all the donuts you can browse on the blog are fried, only this recipe and the famous donuts of San Isidro are baked.
They are very rich in flavor although with a texture like a cookie or sweet pasta. They still have the same flavor as if we fried them but a little healthier.
With this recipe you will get about 30-35 donuts (depends on the size that you will prepare). Although smaller, as you will see in the photos, they are richer and are made earlier in the oven.
They are easy and are prepared with basic ingredients that everyone has in the kitchen. Another advantage is that the kitchen hardly stains, because we are not going to fry this sweet.
The oven will work for us and as soon as they are cold we will give them a small glaze that will make them delicious.
It is an optional step, you can substitute it with a touch of icing sugar if you are very anxious. If you are going to glaze them, you have to do it well, delicately because we want little quantity, just a translucent layer without completely covering the donut.
Preparation of the donut dough
- We wash the lemon and a small orange well. We dry and grate without reaching the white part, we do not want the sweet to sour us. We reserve.
- In a bowl mix the melted butter, the yolks, the 2 eggs, the zest of the citrus fruits and the anise. Everything must be perfectly integrated, we can use a mixer.
- We incorporate the flour into the bowl with the liquid elements little by little and we integrate it with the rest of the ingredients. We dump the dough on a work surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Until we have a smooth dough that does not stick to the hands or the worktop.
- Let the dough rest for 1 hour and begin to form the donuts.
- With small portions of dough we form thin cylinders that we roll up on themselves to form rings.
- Follow the step by step of the photos if you have not done so before.
Donut Shaping and Baking
- We preheat the oven to 220º C.
- We place the donuts on a baking dish and, with the oven at 220º C, bake for 10 minutes. For this recipe two trays of donuts will come out, if you want less, you can divide the ingredients in half. Heat up and down without air.
- We remove the donuts from the oven and let them cool on a rack until they are completely cold before proceeding to give them in a bath with the glaze.
- Once cold, we have two options, or sprinkle with icing sugar or regular white sugar.
- We put sugar on a plate and we bathe the donut in the sugar so that it adheres, from here to a source or directly to the mouth.
Preparation of the sugar glaze and final presentation of the donuts
- My recommendation is with a very light frosting. To do this we put a small saucepan on the fire and add the sugar glass and the water. Let the syrup cook for 5 minutes, let it reduce and turn off the heat.
- We pass all the donuts through the syrup. We place all the already cold donuts in a bowl and water with the syrup.
- With a fork we remove the donuts inside the syrup so that they are all well impregnated.
- Then we pass the donuts on a rack, the one from the oven is perfect for us. We wait for the syrup to dry before putting the tooth in the donuts.
- It is important that we are agile at the moment when we water the donuts with syrup.
- In a few seconds the syrup will solidify and we should have all the donuts well covered. I assure you that the result is fantastic, delicious, of course.
A delicious and delicate snack for a snack, a snack or just to give us a delicious treat.
You can see all the step by step photos of the baked donut recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and you will get some perfect donuts.