- 35 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 223kcal per 100g.
How to make a yummy fry . The success of a recipe.
Have you ever been told that you are the parsley of all sauces? Well something like that would be the sofrito in (almost) all the dishes. But in a good way!
Sofrito is the fundamental base of many recipes. Little word of all the mothers and grandmothers of the world.
A good sofrito is the key to the success of any of the dishes of Mediterranean cuisine. But do we make our sautées well?
The main and common ingredients of a sofrito are onion, tomato and oil . From there, other factors come into play, such as the time or the tastes of each one when dressing the preparation.
4 different stir-fries step by step
Preparation of onion sauce
- Peel the onion and cut it into cubes, as small as possible. Peel the garlic and chop it finely.
- In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. When the oil begins to heat, add the garlic.
- Cook the garlic for 1 or 2 minutes until they start to brown. It is important to control the temperature, if it is too high, we could burn the garlic very quickly.
- Add the onion and cook over low heat until caramelized. Salmos and ready.
Tomato and onion stir fry
- To get a tomato sauce we have to incorporate it into the onion sauce.
- We will cut the tomato into small cubes so that they cook faster and more regularly.
- The moment in which we incorporate the tomato is important. The perfect time would be once the onion is half poached, before caramelization.
- If we added the tomato and the onion together, the tomato water would prevent the onion from poaching. We would only get a kind of cooking, not a stir fry.
Anchored and fried onion and peppers
- We start the onion and pepper sauce once we have the vegetables, onion and red and green peppers, cut into small cubes.
- In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is ready add the vegetables.
- We cook over low heat to get a vegetable anchorage, that is, the vegetables become transparent. It is not about caramelizing them, but about poaching them.
- If we continue cooking the vegetable anchorage until the vegetables have caramelized, we will have a sauce of onion and peppers.
Anchored and fried vegetables
- We cut the vegetables that we are going to use in small dice. The basis for a anchovy or sofrito of vegetables would be celery, carrot and leek, but we can always use others that we like.
- Heat a splash of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and add the chopped vegetables. We cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are transparent and soft to get a vegetable anchorage.
- If what we need in a sauce, we will extend the time until the vegetables are caramelized.
Tips for a yummy fry
- As we already mentioned at the beginning, there are basic stir-fries, with onion, garlic, tomato and oil, but we also have the possibility of incorporating numerous ingredients depending on the dish for which it is intended.
- For example, to add it to the pasta we can use, on that basis, zucchini and eggplant.
- If what we are going to prepare is vegetables, the ideal, although it may seem redundant, is to make a vegetable sauce with red pepper, green pepper and carrot.
- If the sofrito is to accompany a fish or meat, you can add to the base of the sofrito, red pepper, green pepper, peas, flour, some spices (in small amounts; remember that aromatic herbs can cover other flavors), such as oregano or thyme, bay leaf, paprika and why not? , a touch of white wine.