- 90 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
The most important thing for this recipe is the quality of the meat , since it is the main ingredient. When I went to buy it, the butcher recommended, among other places, ” the queen’s bite “, what is it? you may wonder, I also had no idea. He explained to me that it is a muscle that is in the calf’s hip. It is the piece of meat that is on the bone, between the hip and the top , it is a very juicy meat that is delicious stewed or grilled . It is not an easy piece to find since the veal only has two “bites” and are equivalent to one serving.
With this recipe for stewed meat in sauce, I present a different way to savor a dish that is widely consumed in our country. Stewed meat is a very simple dish to cook and very grateful accompanied by a sauce. In this case it is a very sweet sauce, due to honey and sherry.
Among the vegetables, the least used may be the eggplant , but I have added it because now its season begins again and as soon as I have seen it on the market it seems to me that it could be a good complement to this wonderful sauce. Eggplant has powerful healing, antibacterial, and antiviral properties and is one of the foods with the lowest calorie content. We have chosen the vegetables because they are in season but choose those that you have hanging around the fridge or change them according to your tastes.
This stewed beef is a recipe that can be prepared the day before, like all stews, it is much better. It can be frozen perfectly as long as we do not put it together with potatoes and it is perfect for the day to day, spoonful and a little bread to dip in the sauce (this glorious one). I hope you like this recipe and prepare it at home.
Preparation of meat in sauce
- Season the meat and reserve.
- Peel and chop all the vegetables. The carrots are put in a pot and cooked for 15 minutes. In the pot in which we are going to make the stew, add olive oil and add the rest of the vegetables. First we add the onions and leave them for 3 or 4 minutes so that they release their juice, then we add the garlic, the peppers and the diced eggplant and tomato. We braise over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables are soft and have turned golden, add the meat and stir well, mixing it with the vegetables.
- When the meat begins to take color we remove it. In the pot, add the wine, the tablespoons of honey and the cooked carrots to the vegetables. Stir well and let it sauté for 5 minutes.
- We pass it through the mixer. We have removed it to a bowl, we have beaten it and we have put it back in the pot, since it was a pot with a non-stick finish and we did not want to grate it. If your pot is made of steel you can crush them directly in it.
- Next we add the meat, so that it is covered with the sauce. If it is too thick or does not sufficiently cover the meat, we can add part of the cooking water of the carrots.
- We put on medium heat and let cook for 45 minutes. We stir often so that the sauce does not stick to the bottom.
I hope you like this recipe of a lifetime, a recipe for mothers and grandmothers, beef in a vegetable sauce . It is a perfect dish to take to the tupper to work or to prepare for the whole family, as we are on a routine butt and fancy traditional spoon dishes and stews, such as this one with veal.
Do not forget to accompany this veal in a vegetable sauce. I recommend the most useful and used garnish in our country, potatoes . Whether a grilled style Jamie Oliver potatoes , whether French fries , some potatoes with gravy , boiled, fried potatoes , stewed potatoes , potatoes to the oven , potatoes importance , stuffed potatoes , accompanied by salsa , in salad or simply a mashed potato , potatoes are an easy and successful resource to perfectly accompany this recipe. Enjoy its sweet taste!
Be sure to enjoy all the meat recipes that we have on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.