- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.2 € / person
- 213kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a salmon tartar .
I love all fish recipes , without exception, passion for fish and seafood.
I am passionate about salmon in all its versions. On the blog you will find from marinated salmon , toasts with smoked salmon , a classic stew with salmon or grilled … and of course, being this way I have to say that I love this dish, the salmon tartar .
Tartar is a preparation in which finely chopped fish or meat is seasoned with a sauce, the tartar , hence its name. Tartar is an exquisite form of meat or fish preparation.
Salmon is a blue fish that, therefore, contributes to lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as fluidizing the blood, making it especially recommended for people with cardiovascular problems. For all these virtues it is worth its habitual consumption.
I advise you to buy a good piece of salmon, as it is the protagonist of the recipe. Ask your trusted fishmonger, I assure you that it will not fail. If possible, with these things I do not get wet now, you freeze it for a week to avoid the famous anisakis . It is a tip, at home we usually do it like this.
The most traditional preparation and perhaps the most widespread in the world, is the steak tartar , with meat as the protagonist, but it is perfectly adaptable to other types of base ingredients such as tuna tartar or tuna tartar . Who cheers up with a yummy tartar?
Preparation of the salmon tartar
- We clean the loin with a kitchen paper and remove the skin with the help of a sharp knife. To avoid everything related to anisakis, we freeze the salmon loin for no less than 48 hours.
- Once thawed, leaving it out from the night before, we remove, as far as possible, any thorns it may have. We reserve.
- Chop the chives very fine and put it in a large bowl. Add the capers, the gherkins and half the chives, all cut into pieces. We mix the ingredients.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, the Worcesterchire sauce, the mustard, the tabasco (optional), the soy sauce (in this case I like its flavor, although it is optional) and the ground black pepper.
- We mix well and taste. It is essential to know the point of salt, with soy I do not think it is necessary to add it, but if necessary we give it one more point of salt.
- Chop the salmon into pieces of about 1 cm. So that it is not completely crushed, they are visible and noticeable. We incorporate them into the mixture and stir until it is integrated with the rest of the ingredients and is impregnated with the dressing.
- We reserve cold in the fridge.
Preparation and final presentation of the salmon tartar
- Peel and chop the avocado into pieces no larger than 0.5 to 1 cm. It is important that the avocado is well ripened so that it is perfectly incorporated into the tartar, if it is very hard it will not add flavor or texture to the mixture.
- The easiest way to peel an avocado without breaking it, which can happen if the avocado is very ripe, would be the following. With the knife we cut, following the longest part of the piece, until we reach the inner seed.
- We rotate one part over the other and the two halves will come off easily.
- To remove it in bone we only have to, with a small blow, drive the knife into the seed and lift it. The knife will carry the inner bone effortlessly without damaging or bruising the avocado.
- The easiest way to remove the meat from the skin is to use a soup spoon. We introduce it between both and little by little it will release all the meat at once. Add the chopped avocado to the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- We serve at the moment, so that the fish is not overcooked. Sprinkle with the rest of the chives or fresh dill.
- We put together the plate with the help of a mold. We fill it and remove it so that it is cylindrical.
We can also serve it in a bowl so that each diner can spread it on toast, which would be the traditional way of presentation, in a glass. Like those used for daisies, with a wide mouth, it will be super cool. You will see how you succeed at home with this recipe, simply delicious.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of this salmon tartar recipe in the step by step of the next album.