- 90 minutes
- For 6 people
- 3.2 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make roast meat in the casserole . Today I bring you a recipe with meat that my mother prepared that triumphs on Sundays at home.
One of those dishes that are almost ubiquitous at party tables and special occasions, including Christmas . I’m talking about roast beef , specifically casserole roast .
Although there are a thousand styles to prepare it, depending on each cook, it is a simple dish and without too many complications. Of course, to get a first-class result we have to take into account a couple of points.
On the one hand, the meat has to be chosen from a suitable, tender and tasty part. It will not be the same to cook this dish with loin as with a palette or with a shank , the result will vary completely.
It is also important to get quality potatoes, those that will round off a well-cooked meat dish. And potatoes in my land, in Galicia we understand a lot.
On the blog we have some recipes that are family jewels at your disposal. My mother was a very good cook and cooked the veal to perfection.
You also have the option to prepare it in the oven, a great roasted meat in the oven , a juicy round of roast beef with potatoes or this roast beef brisket . With any of them you will succeed in any meal. Who are encouraged?
Preparation of roast meat in casserole
- We clean the piece of meat well from the remains of fats that may be left over. In a casserole, heat a splash of olive oil and add the meat. We gild it on all its faces to seal it.
- We remove the meat from the casserole and reserve it.
- In the same casserole add a small splash of olive oil and add the vegetables.
- Add the onion cut into thick julienne strips, the garlic cloves, the carrots and the red pepper cut into cubes to the casserole. Add the thyme and a pinch of salt and sauté the vegetables until they are soft.
- We cook the vegetables for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- We add the brandy and the meat that we have reserved to the casserole. We let the alcohol evaporate and add the water. If we have a rich meat or vegetable broth, it is the perfect time to use it.
- Cover the casserole and cook, from the moment it begins to cook, for about 30 minutes at medium temperature.
End of cooking. Preparation of potatoes and final presentation of roast meat
- After this time, turn the meat over and continue cooking for 15 or 20 more minutes, until we check that the meat is tender.
- Remove the piece of meat from the casserole and grind the vegetables. Another option would be to pass them through a masher. We return the meat to the casserole once we have the sauce ready and reserve covered until serving time.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them. We fry the potatoes leaving them a little raw. We will finish cooking in the roast sauce. For this, once we have the fried potatoes lightly, we put them in a saucepan in which we will add part of the roast sauce.
- Cook the potatoes over low heat for about 10 minutes or until they are soft.
- We serve the meat with the potatoes and the vegetable sauce.
I recommend that you accompany this dish with a good piece of bread, so dip it in the sauce. Quite a comforting recipe for yummy.
You can see all the photos of the recipe in the step by step of the roast meat in casserole. If you have doubts, follow the photos and you will get a perfect roast meat.
Tips for a yummy roast beef
- If we want to give a plus to this recipe, we can substitute the water for a homemade broth, be it chicken, vegetable or meat broth, if we have a broth at home, it is the perfect time to use it. The result will be even better if possible.
- The trick of these types of recipes is to work slowly, on a slow fire as always.
- Although the alternative of using the express pot is perfectly valid, if we want to give ourselves the luxury of enjoying a recipe of the usual ones, with all the flavor that slow cooking brings, this is one of the traditional methods in my house.