- 25 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 203kcal per 100g.
How to prepare custard with biscuit.
With custard I think we all go back in time. From when we were little and at home they prepared some delicious custard for dessert.
It was the no more. They even overindulged themselves to spare for snacks.
I present you a cream that is one of the simplest dessert recipes to prepare and at the same time richest. On the blog I already have the recipe for homemade milk custard , but today I bring you a variant that is even more successful, custard with biscuit.
A complement that gives it a crispy touch, and it looks great on the smooth texture of the custard cream.
I know that there are many preparations on the market, ready to mix with milk and prepare some quick custard. But nothing comparable to making them homemade, from basic ingredients.
Once you try them, you will not go back, as they are very easy and are much richer than any prepared in an envelope.
The custard cream is also used for other desserts, such as the famous biscuit tart or Grandma’s tart. Another classic in the desserts of our childhood, and also of today, because let’s see who can resist a delicious biscuit cake with chocolate and custard cream.
With such basic ingredients as milk and eggs, it was to be expected that they have been prepared since the Middle Ages. Later, sweeteners were added and the milk was flavored, with lemon or orange, vanilla, cinnamon, anise, etc. to give each confectioner / his particular touch.
If you are looking for an easy and cheap dessert, custard with biscuit is the perfect solution. Do not give it more laps and prepare them for dessert, at home they will thank you very much. They will tell you that they are delicious!
Preparation of flavored milk for custard
- First of all, we are going to flavor our milk, which will be the base of our custard cream. We wash the lemon and peel its skin in a fine way, without a white part that then makes the dessert bitter.
- We cut the vanilla bean in half, lengthwise, and remove the seeds from inside. We reserve.
- We separate a glass of milk from the total, to use later.
- Heat the rest of the milk in a saucepan over medium heat, almost to the boiling point. We turn off and remove the saucepan from the fire.
- Now add the vanilla seeds, cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
- Cover and leave to infuse the milk for 10 minutes.
Preparation of the custard cream
- In the glass of milk that we had set aside, pour the corn flour (cornstarch) and mix well, so that they are not lumpy. If necessary, transfer it to another container and give it a touch of a mixer.
- We separate the whites from the yolks, and we put them into a bowl. We beat them together with the icing sugar, until we see that it begins to froth.
- Add the glass of milk with cornstarch, and mix again. To improve the texture, give it a blender touch. It is important that there is no lump. We reserve.
- Strain the infused milk and add it to the saucepan again.
- Heat to a medium boil and pour the previous cream.
- We are incorporating it little by little, while we mix with some rods. We continue until we see that the cream begins to thicken.
- At this point, each one can give it the texture that they like best. In my case, I like them slightly thick.
- It is very important that there are no lumps, and do not stop stirring as it can burn or stick to the casserole. In a few minutes we will obtain a smooth and homogeneous cream.
Presentation of the custard with biscuit
- We are looking for some containers to pour the cream. Choose better some glasses or cups, where then the cookie fits us. We strain the custard and pour them.
- Initially, we let them cool to room temperature and then we reserve in the fridge. To avoid crusting, cover with a transparent film.
- Once the custard is a little cold and it’s done, sprinkle with a little cinnamon powder, to taste.
A dessert that will delight at home, I recommend that you prepare it with the little ones at home. You can see in this step by step how to prepare these custard with cookies.
Tips for some yummy custard
- Using or not using cornmeal or starch (cornstarch type to understand us) is optional. It is still a thickener that helps give consistency to the cream, if we use it you can decrease or increase the amount as you prefer. Achieving a more liquid or thick consistency.
- If you do not want to add fine corn flour, you will get some custard with a very fine texture, delicate and rich in flavor. It is important to use more yolks and they cannot boil. So they are a little more complicated than the ones I show you in this recipe. If you want to make them like this, you have to add about 14 yolks for the liter and a half of milk, the other ingredients will be the same.
- The trick so that the eggs do not curdle in the recipe is not to add them directly to the saucepan that we have previously put on the fire. It is a great recommendation, because this way when cooking we avoid that the cream is cut.
- You also have the possibility of doing them in the water bath, they will come out safe. Well, by reducing the direct heat we make it easier for the custard to be made ahead of time and not to burn.
- The custards are based on many desserts. We can find from the classic chocolate , custard flan , custard with meringue, rice pudding , creamy apple and pear custard, fruit, milk caramel … soon you will see many of these recipes on the blog.