- 180 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 271kcal per 100g.
How to make hamburger bread .
Although my forays into the mass recipes have been rather shy, except for the famous Galician empanadas. Although I recognize that it is a subject that has me hooked.
The fact that the simple combination of water, flour, yeast and salt results in obtaining bread, and that this bread is better or worse depending on the shape, time and strength of the kneading or the temperature and time of ferment, it seems to me something incredible and not to be taken lightly.
Today was one of those days where I launched myself and discovered that if you treat the dough as it should, the result can be impressive. And that’s what I’ve got, fancy burger buns .
And is that the proposals of bread on our blog are tempting, do not forget to prepare these delicious Andalusian muffins , the bread seed , the spongy bread home, the style rustic bread , our bread without kneading super easy, traditional ciabatta or the Irish bread .
As I think that when it comes to having a good hamburger , be it one of meat or fish , it is as important what it has inside as the bread that contains it, I encourage you to prepare our own breads at home, the result will surprise you.
These are spongy buns with a slightly crispy crust, which will also keep in good condition on the second day, they are tasty and aromatic, a good bread to accompany your homemade burgers.
The size that results in quite large, for a maxi burguer, but we can also reduce the dimensions a little by preparing 7 buns, a little smaller, I leave it to your liking.
Preparing the dough for hamburger bread
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients, flour, fresh crumbled yeast, sugar and salt.
- If you do not have or do not find fresh baker’s yeast, you can use baking powder, in no case the “Royal” type chemical yeast.
- If you use powdered yeast, to equate its dosage to fresh, it is done by dividing by three. For example, if in the recipe it tells us, as in this case, 15 grams of fresh pressed yeast, dry we should put 5 grams. We reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter with the water over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the milk, mix and when it reaches a temperature between 49ºC and 55ºC, pour over the flours. This temperature, for those who do not have a kitchen thermometer, must be warm.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture warm.
- Once the butter cream is warm we add it to the bowl of dry ingredients and begin to knead.
- When we have a formed ball we begin to add the yolks, one by one and kneading well until they are integrated before adding the next one.
- We work the dough for 20 minutes until we have an elastic texture. Initially the dough will be very sticky, but with the kneading work it will end up being manageable and elastic.
- We form a ball with the dough and place it in a bowl greased with butter. We let the dough ferment for 1 hour and a half or 2 hours, until it doubles its volume.
- It is important to keep the dough in a warm place so that the ferment does its job, I usually leave it inside the oven off and warm.
Baked. Preparation of hamburger bread
- Once it has grown we manipulate it to eliminate the air bubbles inside it. We divide the dough into five equal portions, we will get about 110 gr. each.
- We form a uniform ball with each portion and place it on a vegetable paper in the tray that will go to the oven.
- Let the dough ferment again and double the volume of each bun again. This process will take you at least 1 hour.
- We preheat the oven to 220º C and while it is heating we paint the buns with milk and sprinkle them with seeds.
- The traditional thing is to use sesame or poppy seeds but you can use the ones you like the most as pipes or mixed seed mix.
- Bake for 11 or 12 minutes at 220º C.
- I recommend that after 3 or 4 minutes cover the loaves with aluminum foil so that they do not burn. Even so, the surface will be toasted.
You can see all the step by step photos of this hamburger bread recipe in the next album. Do not miss any detail and they will be perfect.
Tips for a yummy burger bun
- I encourage you to make these kinds of mass recipes. The personal satisfaction of being able to eat your own bread is enormous. This bread is very tender. In addition, its flavor is similar to the commercial one but with more bread flavor, perfect for a homemade hamburger.
- It is ideal for the smallest sandwiches, the loaf of bread is great but changing from time to time is useful. By carrying a little milk the texture of the bread is very pleasant to the palate.
- If you are allergic to lactose at home, you can change cow’s milk for milk without lactose, almond or soy.
- On the blog you have several ideas to accompany this bread. From the advice for our perfect burger , through a hamburger with foie gras , the delicious fish burgers or special salmon . Perfect for a yummy meal.
- And if you want to prepare more quantity (you can double the quantities) and freeze the bread once baked. The best thing is that you do it wrapped in plastic wrap and take them out when you go to use them. Perfect for a great dinner with friends.