- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
Recipe for hake and prawn lasagna .
There are dishes that are especially good to let our imagination run wild in terms of the type of ingredients.
I am talking about preparations like quiche or, as in the case of the fish recipe that I bring you today, lasagna . We can make quiches from almost anything, the classic Lorreine quiche , with spinach and bacon or with mushrooms.
The same thing happens with lasagna, from the most classic of meat lasagna , to cod with prawns, mushrooms, chicken lasagna with spinach or tuna.
That we have left some hake in green sauce ? Perfect, we clean it and include it. Thus we reuse and give a new life to our products without wasting or throwing away anything.
The hake and prawn lasagna is a whim, a great hake cooked and accompanied by some vegetables and a bechamel between layers of pasta, turns this dish into a delicate and tasty one.
What I always recommend is to use quality ingredients, from the pasta, in this case lasagna Garofalo , one of the best pasta in Italy. And of course, the fillings, today with fish, but you have many ways to fill it.
It is a perfect recipe to help the most reluctant children to eat fish, they will surely love it.
Preparation of hake and prawn lasagna
- If we buy a whole hake, we can ask our fishmonger to cut it for us to cook on the grill, so the slices will be a little thinner than to cook. We can also use frozen hake or tenderloins.
- In a frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil. When it is hot we will pass the hake slices on the griddle for a few minutes.
- We want to lightly brown the hake, without it being fully cooked since afterwards, the process will finish in the oven.
- We cook the fish on both sides and remove it for a platter.
- We let it cool down before cleaning it of skins and thorns.
- To the same frying pan we add a splash of olive oil and sauté the prawns once we have them clean of their skins.
- We proceed in the same way as with hake, it is about cooking them lightly and not overdoing them.
- We remove the prawns from the pan and add the vegetables cut into small cubes.
- We start by adding the onion, carrot and pepper cut into bruniose.
- We fry the vegetable over medium heat until we see that it is very soft. This process may take us about 15 minutes.
- We incorporate the peeled and crushed tomato, so it will be easier to cook and we will not find pieces.
- Let the sauce cook for about 20 minutes over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
Preparation of béchamel sauce for lasagna
- While the vegetable sauce is cooking we prepare the bechamel.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter. When it has melted, add the flour and salt and stir without stopping so that it cooks well.
- We are adding the milk, which we will have previously heated, little by little, in several batches, without stopping stirring at all times.
- Once we have all the milk incorporated, we cook the bechamel sauce for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- We test the point of salt adding if necessary and add a touch of nutmeg.
- We remove from the fire and reserve.
Lasagna assembly. Baking and final presentation
- When the vegetable sauce is ready, add the chopped prawns and the crumbled hake.
- We incorporate all the ingredients well. We add the equivalent of ¼ of the bechamel that we have prepared to the mixture of fish and vegetables and we integrate everything. We will have a thick filling.
- We cook the pasta following the manufacturer’s instructions, drain it and place it on a damp cloth and cover it with another one.
- In this way we ensure that the pasta does not dry before placing it on the lasagna.
- In the chosen mold for the lasagna, spread a tablespoon of béchamel sauce on the bottom.
- We put a first layer of pasta and half the filling of vegetables and hake on top.
- We put a second layer of pasta on top and the rest of the filling. We cover the lasagna with the bechamel sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- With the oven previously hot, we bake at 190º C for 20 minutes.
- We change the oven and put it in the grill option. Gratin the cheese 7 or 8 minutes until we see that it begins to brown.
We remove the lasagna from the oven and ready to enjoy.
You can see in this step by step how to prepare this recipe for hake and shrimp lasagna.
Tips for a fluffy hake lasagna
- This super classic dish of Italian cuisine allows us endless alternatives, obtaining different and varied preparations. On this occasion I have prepared a fluffy hake lasagna.
- Although I have used fresh hake that I bought on purpose for this recipe, we can always use, as a gastronomic recycling, the one that we have left over from other dishes.
- We can keep the shells of the prawns and the bones of the hake in the freezer to have at the moment we want to prepare a fish soup or a fumet.
- It is a complete dish that does not need much more to become, just, a balanced menu. A salad would be perfect as an accompaniment to a luxurious meal.