- 1 chopped onion
- 4 tbsp. Of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. ground allspice
- 1 / 2cda. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 kg of ground beef
- 4 cups of tomato puree
- 3 aubergines
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the onion in the oil until transparent.
- Add the garlic and spices. When they release their aroma, add the meat, cook it for a few minutes and add salt and pepper.
- Add the puree and cook over low heat until slightly thickened.
- Slice the aubergines finely lengthwise, add salt to them and place them on a cloth. Let them sit for five minutes, rinse them. Grill them on a comal or griddle.
- Combine the puree with the cream. Arrange layers of puree, meat and eggplant in a refractory, finishing with the puree and cheese.
- Bake at 180oC for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Lasagna is one of the favorite Mediterranean dishes. If you are looking for a delicious and easy option, we bring you a Greek aubergine lasagna with ground beef . Your guests will be delighted!
CURIOSITIES YOU DID NOT KNOW ABOUT LASAGNA
- The lasagna dish is of Italian origin, however, its name comes from the Greek “lasanon”, the name given to the casserole in which this dish was cooked.
- There are data on the existence of lasagna since 100 BC The famous speaker Cicero speaks in one of his speeches about this dish, which consisted of strips of pasta cut into squares, cooked in a pot or grilled, accompanied by different cheeses and vegetables.
- In South America it is known as pasticho, which comes from the original Italian name: pasticcio di lasagne.
- It was not until the discovery of America that the tomato was incorporated into this dish.
- On July 29, World Lasagna Day is officially celebrated.
- And believe it or not, it is not in Italy where this dish is most consumed, but in the United Kingdom.
Learn more RECIPES WITH BEEF TO SHARE very easy and fast
We also have a vegetarian lasagna option. Do not miss it