- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 285kcal per 100g.
How to make a homemade custard cream . As a child, one of the dessert recipes we always asked my mother for was homemade egg custard .
At that time we were referring to egg custard , a timeless classic that my mother embroiders like no one else. The flan de nata is one of our simplest and most helpful desserts out there, with few ingredients and that never fails.
Perhaps because of how much I like this dessert, since I have the blog I have increased the repertoire and prepared flans in many more versions. From the sweet chocolate flan , the classic cheese flan , condensed milk, chestnut, orange, coconut, yogurt to coffee flan . They are recipes of flans that you will find if you browse a little by Rechupete Recipes.
Today I have started with a new recipe, a cream flan that is from this moment on my favorites. The process is the same as always, the sugary combination of dairy with egg, which when baked is wonderfully curdled.
In the cream flan recipe, the fatty contribution of the cream makes the flan increase its creaminess and achieve a slightly denser and creamier texture. Although I usually prepare it in individual portions, due to the fact that I have more cool, this flan would be perfect in a family-sized flan.
It is an ideal dessert both for a special dinner end and to consume daily with the family. If the children are like my sister Nuria and I were, they will enjoy it very much.
Preparation of cream flan
- In a saucepan, heat the cream with the sugar and the cinnamon stick. We stir the mixture until the sugar has melted.
- At the moment we see that it begins to boil we remove from the heat and let the mixture temper.
- When the cream is warm, beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the cream to the eggs and mix well. It is necessary that we collect the cream at the moment of adding it to the eggs in case there is any chip of the loose cinnamon stick. We reserve.
- We prepare the caramel in a small saucepan. For this we add the water and then the sugar.
- We put the casserole on the fire and wait until we see that it is acquiring a golden hue.
- We turn off the heat and pour the caramel into the chosen molds, either individual or unique.
Baking and final preparation of cream flan
- While the caramel is being prepared we are preheating the oven to 180ºC.
- Pour the flan mixture into each mold and place the molds in a bowl of water.
- We put the source with the flannels in the already hot oven. Bake at 180º C with heat up and down, without fan, for about 25 minutes.
- In the event that we are using a unique flanera. The time would increase to 45 minutes. In any case we can check that the flan is ready by clicking it, if the knife comes out clean the flan would be perfect.
- We remove the tray from the oven and allow the flan to cool down to room temperature before storing them in the fridge.
- Nothing better than a classic dessert like a flan to top off a meal or for a snack.
A very simple, nutritious flan that everyone likes, from children to adults. Like many of these traditional desserts, there are countless recipes and variants that you can make with few ingredients.
Be sure to enjoy all the types of flan that we have in our dessert recipes . You can see all the photos of the step by step of the cream flan recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.