- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.75 € / person
- 240kcal per 100g.
How to Make a salad of chickpeas . This recipe with legumes is a great option to not stop eating legumes when the heat is hot, in a salad format. Since I really want to cook, but the weather is not good, I am going to prepare a chickpea salad .
It is also a good alternative to healthy and fast food, which you can easily take in a tupper to work. The salad vegetables are very grateful that support as much variety of vegetables and flavors. Much will depend on the taste of each and their preferences to incorporate or eliminate ingredients.
I am going to give you the recipe that we have always eaten at home, but you can modify the ingredients without any problem. If you do not like black olives, put the green with anchovy or eliminate this flavor from your salad. You can also tune it with a little cod, it will be as fantastic as this other chickpea salad with vegetables and cod that we have published.
Since preparing the salad is very easy and fast , I am going to waste a few minutes making a basic vinaigrette , because dressing, for me, is the most important part of any salad. Now you can put the best ingredients in the world, since you do not give it the right touch of salt, oil and vinegar, the salad is sad. And please, don’t forget to mix the dressing well with the ingredients, so that all the flavors are well integrated!
How we prepare the vinaigrette
- The basic vinaigrette is prepared by mixing one part of vinegar with three parts of oil. For its elaboration we will use a jar with a lid. Check that the lid closes well, so that when you shake the ingredients, the liquid does not come out.
- First we will mix the vinegar with the salt and the pepper. Shake well.
- When they are dissolved, add the three parts of extra virgin olive oil. And again we shake well, so that the flavors mix perfectly.
- We are going to cook the egg. We put it in a saucepan and cover with cold water, cook 10-11 minutes from the boil.
- Eggs should not be cooked any longer as a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye. With these indications you have to be perfect. Let it cold down.
- This is the base of the vinaigrette, but you can add ingredients depending on the dish you are going to prepare. From rosemary, thyme or oregano, to onion or egg, as I am going to do.
- Chop the onion into small squares and add it to the pot. We remove.
- Chop the cooked egg into small squares and add it to the pot. We remove and reserve.
Chickpea Salad Preparation
- We prepare a large bowl to leave the ingredients once they are ready to add to the salad.
- Although normally I use a raf tomato for the salad, although in today’s salad I used some cherry tomatoes fresh from my #HuertoUrbano. As for chickpeas, I have chosen not to complicate my life. I bought a jar of chickpeas in the supermarket, I have gone through them in water and drained and I already have this ingredient ready. But if you have time and desire, you can cook them yourself. To the source!
- Cut the red pepper, green pepper and half a chive in small squares. We put them in the source along with the chickpeas.
- We laminate the olives and mix them with the rest of the ingredients. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. If you prefer a normal tomato, cut it into small squares. Mix with all the other ingredients.
- With a fork, we crumble the tuna. We pour the oil from the can in the source over the ingredients and add the minced tuna. Mix everything well with two spoons.
- Dress with the vinaigrette that we have prepared. Mix well with two spoons.
It is a perfect dish for a casual meal or to take in a tupper to work. Quick to prepare, healthy and delicious!
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this chickpea salad recipe . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for a yummy chickpea salad
- This chickpea salad pairs very well with chives, raw zucchini, or other vegetables. And you can modify it with other fish such as cod or trout, even smoked fish are great.
- If we want to tune it a little more we can add hard-boiled egg, pitted olives … Imagination to power. You can see other similar recipes on the blog, so you will have more ideas, the chickpea and belly salad or the chickpea salad with vegetables and cod .
- If you have leftover salad put it in a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and in the fridge.
- It will last you without problems for a few days, it will even be much better because all the flavors will come together better.