- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.6 € / person
- 155kcal per 100g.
How to make baked prawns . There are many recipes with prawns , thousands of ways to prepare them, cooked, flambéed with cognac , grilled, in carpaccio, in stew with some chickpeas , …
They are all delicious, each in his own way, although each will have their preferences. We love to prepare the prawns in the oven for many reasons.
The first is that it is a quick way to have a large number of prawns ready in record time. Eight minutes, maybe a little more, and we can have a whole tray of prawns with which to feed a battalion.
The second, barely dirty pots. Covering the cookie sheet with paper saves us from scrubbing, not to mention that there are no splashes, no plates, no burners, and no irons to clean after cooking.
The third, each and every one of the prawns are cooked in a homogeneous way, leaving their interior very juicy.
The touch of garlic and extra virgin olive oil is an extra point that can be brightened with a splash of wine, brandy, chopped parsley or other herbs or spices, lime zest, etc.
Baked prawns are a very simple recipe that maintains all the flavor of them and that has many fans. We can only encourage you to try it, whatever the time of year. Because you don’t need special occasions to treat yourself.
Preparation of the baked prawns
- For this recipe we can use fresh or frozen prawns.
- If we use frozen prawns, we should place them in a strainer and move them from the freezer to the fridge the night before. This will defrost slowly and the texture of your meat will remain as unchanged as possible.
- Once thawed or with the fresh product, we begin by removing the whiskers from the prawns, using sharp scissors, and discarding them. We reserve.
- Peel and chop the two garlic cloves. This is a completely optional and indicative quantity. If you really like garlic, you can increase the number of cloves to use. But if you don’t like it that much, then just use one.
- To reduce the chances of the garlic repeating, we can cut it in half, crosswise, and remove the germ inside it.
- We prepare a baking dish by covering its base with a sheet of baking paper or baking paper. Drizzle with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and spread over the entire base.
Baking and final presentation of the prawns
- We place the prawns on the baking sheet, taking care that they do not become caked or bunched, and sprinkle the minced garlic on top.
- Then we water them with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and, finally, we sprinkle a little coarse salt.
- We introduce the source in the central part of the oven, which we will have preheated to 180 ºC in up and down position, and cook them for about 8 minutes.
- When the prawns take on a pink color, we remove them from the oven because they will be ready, although we can also check if they are made by trying one of them.
- For this we remove the head of the shrimp and check if the interior is white, that is, cooked. If this is not the case, we leave them in the oven for a few more minutes.
- We serve immediately, hot, with a few pieces of lemon to squeeze its juice over the prawns and give them a touch of citrusy yummy flavor.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for baked prawns in this album. Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for Stuffed Baked King Prawns
- From a nutritional point of view, prawns are an excellent source of protein. Very necessary for the correct growth and development of our organism. They are rich in water and low in fat and carbohydrates. So its consumption is perfect for weight loss or weight control diets.
- They contain many vitamins and minerals. Its high iron content, among others, makes them an aid in preventing iron deficiency anemia.
- This recipe is so simple and basic that the main recommendation is to use quality products. Good prawns, even if frozen, quality extra virgin olive oil and fresh, smooth garlic are all it takes to succeed.
- We can season the prawns with herbs and spices to give them original and different flavor points. Curry, turmeric, ginger or chili will give some interesting exotic airs to our baked prawns that we can finish off with a bit of lime zest on the surface when serving.
- Little more do they need to become the star dish of the day. There are times when less is more and this, dear friends, is one of them. Plain and clear.