- 15 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 345kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a chocolate nougat . I bet that if playing Trivial the question were which chocolate nougat we know almost everyone would come to mind the same, the Suchard brand.
I mean the one that delighted all the children back in the 80s that was full of puffed rice. That is the nougat I have prepared today, a crispy chocolate nougat with puffed rice .
Those of you who follow me assiduously know that I tend to value most of the recipes I make as easy. But the truth is that this takes the cake since it is a really simple recipe.
For its elaboration, I am going to do it in parts. First we are going to prepare the puffed rice, then melt the chocolate, if possible to be of quality, add the lard. Then we add the rice and put it in the chosen mold and wait for it to harden.
With these simple steps we can enjoy a luxury crunchy chocolate nougat . I find it a perfect dessert to prepare with children at home. You will surely love to see the result of your work and enjoy how good and addictive this crispy chocolate nougat is.
A Christmas dessert that rivals the yolk nougat that we like so much at home. If we want to innovate we can substitute white chocolate for cover chocolate or add raisins, nuts or any other ingredient, the result will be delicious.
Preparation of the base of chocolate nougat
- In a container to heat in a bain-marie we begin to melt the chocolate. If we don’t have a specific utensil for a bain-marie, we can improvise it with two pots. One large and one small, one inside the other. It is advisable that the small one does not touch the bottom of the large one.
- When the chocolate is melted we turn off the heat and add the lard that must be at room temperature.
- Stir well until the butter has melted and is fully integrated with the chocolate.
- If we have a specific mold for nougat it would be ideal since these are usually made of silicone. They greatly facilitate the unmolding of the tablet.
- If it happens to you like me and you have to improvise with what is at home. You can use a rectangular tupper that will serve as a mold.
- So that we can remove the nougat tablet easily in the case of using a rigid tupper, what we do is line the mold with sulfurized paper.
Form and final presentation of the chocolate nougat
- We let the paper stand out on the sides and then, once the nougat is done. To be able to hold on to it and pull it out to remove the nougat from the mold.
- Pour 3 or 4 tablespoons of the mixture into the bottom of the nougat mold.
- We let it solidify in the fridge while the chocolate is tempered. This step is optional but I like that the nougat, on its upper side, is smooth and the grain of rice is not noticeable, which we will add later.
- When the chocolate mixture is warm add the puffed rice. We stir to integrate it with the chocolate.
- Pour the cream into the mold with the base already solidified and let cool, first out of the fridge and then inside until it has completely curdled.
- Ideally, we should leave it overnight. To remove the nougat from the mold, lightly pull the sulfurized paper and it will come out easily.
With these simple steps we can enjoy an impressive tablet of chocolate nougat with puffed rice that I am sure will delight children and adults.
Be sure to enjoy all the Christmas sweets that we have in our dessert recipes . You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.