- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- 5.2 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to make baked sea bass.
Until recently, corvina was a great unknown, but nowadays it is often found in fishmongers.
This is because it is produced in captivity, and has entered strongly among the best-selling fish of those from aquaculture.
Corvina is a tasty meat fish with a smooth texture. A wild piece is rare and therefore its price will be out of budget.
It is a fish with great versatility in cooking. We can prepare it in many ways: in stews such as corvina in sauce , in Peruvian ceviche , baked, grilled, steamed, etc.
In this recipe I have prepared a baked fish, with a base of vegetables.
Preparation of baked sea bass
- Cut the onion and tomato into slices. We reserve.
- In a bowl, pour the wine, the juice of a lemon, add the minced garlic and finally the chopped fresh parsley. Mix and let stand. It will be the dressing for our fish.
- In a baking dish, place a base with the onion and tomato. We salt to taste and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- We preheat the oven. Ten minutes at 180ºC.
- On the vegetables, we place the corvina loin. We salt to taste and sprinkle with the dressing that we have prepared.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180ºC, placing the tray in the central position.
- As each oven is a world, go controlling the baking process so that the fish does not go overboard.
As a garnish, you can add some potatoes in bakery and add them on the baking tray, on top of the vegetables.
If you do not want to miss the detail of this baked croaker recipe , be sure to see this album step by step.
Tips for a Baked Suckling Croaker
- Corvina can come in various sizes to fishmongers, and are generally large pieces (from 1.5 / 2 Kg.).
- I have accompanied the onion and tomato fish, some vegetables that are usually used for this type of dish, but you can also use others such as zucchini or eggplant. Always putting them as a base, below the corvina.
- As a garnish, a good option is to cut some potatoes in a bakery and add them just above the vegetables. Another possibility is to prepare white rice or quinoa, and add them at the time of plating.
- Other elaborations of baked fish, which you can find on the blog, would be classics such as turbot , sea bass or sea bream . All of them easy to cook and with guaranteed success on the table for both daily and special occasions.