VEGETARIAN CHILPACHOLE: MEXICAN VEGETARIAN RECIPES
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 guajillo chili peppers
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup corn dough
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 sliced cooked corn
- ¼ cup epazote
- Boil the tomatoes with the chili, onion and garlic. When the tomatoes are cooked, blend all the ingredients with a liter of the water in which they were cooked. Strain and boil in a pot; salt pepper.
- Form balls with the dough and squash them in the center, add them to the boiling broth to cook. Add the mushrooms, corn and epazote. Cook for 15 minutes over low heat and serve.
If you thought that Mexican vegetarian recipes were impossible to imagine, here we show you the opposite: we invite you to try this exquisite vegetarian chilpachole that will captivate your palate. Have you already craved it?
You are interested in: VEGETARIAN FOOD STAPLES FOR YOUR PANTRY
CURIOSITIES ABOUT VEGETARIANS (THAT VERY FEW KNOW)
- A vegetarian is the person who bases his diet on plants and omits meat. Of course, they can eat derivatives such as milk or eggs.
- The word “vegetarian” began to be used in the 19th century. Before they were known as “Pythagoras”, since the famous Greek mathematician did not eat meat.
- And why didn’t Pythagoras eat meat? He had the belief that dead humans reincarnated in animals.
- People become vegetarians mainly for two reasons: for ethical reasons of respect for animal life, or for health and / or weight loss issues.
- According to a study carried out by the Humane Research Council, in the United States, 80% of vegetarians fall back on a diet with meat before reaching one year of age, which is why there are very few.
- Of course: ex-vegetarians say they eat less meat after having known this type of diet.
- A third of vegetarians say they have changed their diet by entering into a relationship with someone who is used to eating meat.
- Vegetarians can abandon this lifestyle for other reasons. Among the main ones are: health problems, economic situation or for social reasons.
- There are flexitarians: those vegetarians who occasionally eat meat. However, they are not widely accepted.
- In Australia there are vegetarians who only eat kangaroo meat, because this animal is less aggressive towards the environment.