- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.4 € / person
- 292kcal per 100g.
How to make a squid noodle casserole . One of the best versions that a pasta recipe can have is the one that we cook with thick noodles.
It is perfect with this type of noodle because during its preparation they absorb a large amount of the broth, acquiring a great flavor. To take advantage of this circumstance, today I propose this pasta dish that is eaten with a spoon. A hot dish on the table, loaded with rich sea flavor and perfect for sautéing the sauce with good artisan bread.
Seafood recipes do very well with seafood, since they give a lot of flavor to the broth that is later absorbed by the pasta. We have another very successful noodle dish, the well-known clam noodles . This variant with squid is not far behind, and you will see how in a short time and for little money we are going to prepare a first class dish.
To buy fresh and quality squid, the cold months are better, which go from October to April. In other months, you will also find them, but more expensive (due to scarcity) or thawed, from large fishing vessels that catch thousands of tons. In Spain, it is the most consumed and widespread cephalopod in the kitchen.
We find different preparations throughout the country, depending on the tastes of each area. We usually call them according to their size: the smallest ” lace “, which are usually fried and battered; ” Squid ” when they are medium in size; and ” squid ” when they are adults.
For this recipe you must use squid or squid . Ask the fishmonger to clean them well inside, remove their beaks and eyes, leaving the tentacles on one side and the body on the other. Once at home, just chop them to taste.
Preparation of the noodles with squid
- Being an “express” recipe, we are going to use fish broth to speed up the process.
- Buy one of good quality, as natural as possible. It is advisable to spend some time at this point before taking it home, since there are packaged broths that carry too many “artificial” ingredients.
- We cut the squid into small pieces, which then fit in the mouth of a bite. We make rings with the body and we divide them into four. The part of the tentacles in 2 or 3 pieces. We reserve.
- Peel the onion and cut it into a fine “brunoise”, so that later it is not too noticeable in the final sauce.
- Chop the garlic very fine. We wash the tomatoes and chop them into small cubes, discarding the part of the seeds.
Cooking with the noodles and final presentation
- In a wide and flat saucepan, pour a sheet of extra virgin olive oil and add the minced garlic.
- We cook (medium heat) a couple of minutes, which “dance” the garlic. Add the squid into pieces and cook 4-5 minutes to soften.
- We continue with the onion and tomato, turn up the heat and sauté everything together for another 5 minutes. We salt to taste.
- It is time to add the noodles, which we are going to mix with the rest of the ingredients. We “scare” them for a couple of minutes to absorb the flavor of the sauce.
- We add the fish stock and cook 15 minutes over high heat, the liquid is consumed and the flavor of the stock is concentrated. It will be a soupy dish, to be tasted with a spoon, with an intense flavor.
- We serve very hot, at the moment, optionally decorating with some parsley leaves.
- Finished and ready to enjoy at the table, perfect for a good after-dinner.
This squid noodle casserole saves you a Sunday meal with the in-laws, you will be like a king / queen. They are great and very easy to make.
To accompany the best is a little bread, the caldito is glorious and goes very well with a fresh white wine.
And if you want you can tune this casserole as you like, some clams or some coquinas, or even a little pink or cod. It is a dish that admits many variations. A very fast and delicious recipe, it only took us 25 minutes.