- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.4 € / person
- 296kcal per 100g.
How to make a chicken stew in sauce . If you want to start in the kitchen with one of the simplest chicken recipes , this is your dish.
A chicken stew or stew that comes out the first time, as if it were a recipe from your mother and, most importantly, incredibly tasty. Very versatile because it allows a lot of variations and accessories to accompany it.
This way of preparing the chicken is very simple, cut everything into julienne strips, sauté and cook. It will be made with the chup chup of the slow fire and it will be delicious. A chicken stew with a very smooth texture, where the meat melts and will appeal to both adults and children. A perfect recipe to incorporate into the daily menu, I would say that a classic that you can prepare in quantity to then freeze and take to work in your lunchbox.
It is a recipe very given to tuning, I advise you to follow the step by step and cooking times of the recipe, but use the vegetables and vegetables that you like the most and that you have at home or that are in season . One way to make this recipe your own, give it your personal touch with nuts, raisins or adding wine or beer.
We also have a perfect dish to put it in the lunchbox and eat in the job, but also a ten-point dinner for children or the best guests. A simple, fast and delicious recipe. I hope you like it as much as we do at home.
Preparation of the base of this chicken
- Heat a little extra virgin oil in a saucepan. Do not overdo it with the oil because the chicken skin will also release its fat and it will cook in its own juice.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté for about 10 minutes until the chicken changes color.
- If you want the sauce to be thick, you can pass the chicken through a little flour to brown it earlier and thus add part of that flour to the oil with which we are going to cook the rest of the ingredients.
- We remove the chicken from the casserole with that pleasant color and we will see that it has released part of its juice. We remove the chicken to a source and reserve.
- In the same casserole and the same oil we are going to prepare our vegetable base. Peel the onions, carrots and garlic.
- We wash the peppers and chop all the ingredients in a thin julienne (thin and elongated strips as thin as possible, 2 to 3 mm.), Or in thin slices (in the case of carrots).
- Heat the oil with the juice of the chicken and add the onion, chives and garlic first. We fry for 2 or 3 minutes over medium-high heat. We add the rest of the ingredients, peppers and carrots.
- We fry everything about 10 minutes over low heat in the same oil where we have browned the chicken. We already have a category base for this stew.
Preparation of chicken stew
- Add the chicken pieces and remove everything, bringing together the ingredients and flavors. When the sofrito is well browned, add a little white wine. Add the bay leaves, a little parsley (better if it is fresh) and rectify salt and pepper.
- Remember that you can add your favorite aromatic plants, you can give your touch kitchens. In this case I have put a few strands of saffron to give it color and aroma.
- We let it reduce a little, about 10-15 minutes over medium heat to remove part of the alcohol and give the stew that sweet touch.
- We cover everything with the chicken or bird broth. Stew over low-medium heat (at 4 out of 10 points on the induction hob) until the liquid is reduced.
- The meat of the chicken should be tender and the vegetables begin to fall apart, about 30 minutes. Although it will depend on the size of the chicken pieces, if you prepare the stew with larger chicken pieces, it will need more cooking time.
- Remove from time to time so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. We taste the point of salt of the stew and rectify if necessary. We serve very hot and with a little bread, the sauce in this recipe is great, I assure you.
A simple and ideal recipe perfect for planning your daily menus. If you do not want to miss the detail of this chicken stew recipe, follow this step by step, it will be perfect for you.
Tips for a yummy chicken stew
- When buying the chicken, choose a whole one already sliced or those parts that you like the most. In my case you will see a lot of wings and some thigh. Whatever the piece, ask the butcher to cut it for stew.
- We can accompany this chicken stew with a little white rice. The sauce is delicious for dipping bread in it, with its intense and concentrated flavor of all vegetables and the flavor of chicken.
- If you like casseroles with potatoes, you can add them without problem when there are 25 minutes left to finish the casserole. So you will have a chicken stew with potatoes and vegetables, delicious.