- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
How to make a porrusalda with cod.
On a cold or rainy day we look for that magic recipe that comforts us, and warms us inside and out.
Well, for me the winner is always the porrusalda , in any of its versions.
Either the traditional recipe or one with a larger ingredient, such as those known as cod or pork rib.
Today I bring you the porrusalda with cod , a well-known dish in the North of Spain, especially in the Basque Country. In addition to being a perfect recipe to warm our spirits, it also serves us after the excesses of celebrations or for waking times.
It is a recipe that you will like for sure. Tasty, healthy, cheap and easy to prepare, it has it all. With basic ingredients we will take out a spoon dish that is not forgotten.
To tell you that ” Porrusalda ” means ” broth of leeks ” in Basque, where the origin of this recipe is located.
As in other traditional recipes, there are many variations, almost as many as cooks.
There are them with or without onions, with or without carrots, some have garlic or sofrito, etc. But what is never lacking is the leek, and in quantity.
Preparation of the cod porrusalda
- We begin by shredding the cod loins, removing the skin and bones. We will easily separate it into small pieces, which we can then eat in one bite.
- In a large saucepan, with 1 liter of water, add the cod bones and skin, and cook, while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- We wash the vegetables. Chop the onion in julienne strips, and the leeks into slices, taking all the white part and some green, just as far as the leaves begin.
- In a saucepan, we toss a sheet of olive oil, and fry the onion and the leek. About 4-5 minutes over medium heat. We salt to taste. We pay attention so that the vegetables do not burn us.
- Chop the carrots into slices, “escachamos” the potatoes into pieces, add and mix. We will pour the white wine. We cook everything another 4-5 min. We lightly salt again.
- It is time to add the fish stock. Strain it and transfer it to the casserole, until all the vegetables are covered. If this is the case, we add a little more water.
- Cover the casserole and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cod, mix and continue cooking for another 10 minutes over medium heat, until the potatoes are tender and the cod is done.
- We try salt and rectify if it is the case.
We will have our porrusalda ready. We serve hot on the table and we accompany it with a good artisan bread to dip and sauté.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.