- 50 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.2 € / person
- 320kcal per 100g.
How to make meatballs in vegetable sauce.
These meatballs in sauce should have a floor. On their own they are incredible but the sauce with which we accompany them is also spectacular.
We could be eating these meatballs day yes and yes too. They are very soft and juicy and are a snack that both adults and children like. A perfect meat recipe for the whole family.
They can be accompanied by some fried potatoes , a white rice or a mashed potato , three garnishes that feel great. And, of course, bread. A lot of bread. You are going to need it to dip in the vegetable sauce of these meatballs , so the day you prepare them forget the diet and enjoy them.
We leave you with this homemade food without much complication, a way of eating meat and vegetables in a healthy and very good way, it is a unique dish that is luxurious and delicious.
Preparation of the meatball base
- Mix the egg with the milk, the mustard and the ketchup. We beat well and add the two pieces of sliced bread.
- Crush with a fork until obtaining a homogeneous porridge in which no pieces of bread are noticeable.
- Then add the Provencal herbs, garlic salt and season to taste.
- We incorporate the minced meat and mix well so that all the ingredients and flavors are integrated.
- We let the mixture sit for an hour in the fridge so that it takes shape.
- Meanwhile, we prepare the sauce of the meatballs.
Preparation of the vegetable sauce for the meatballs
- Peel the onions, wash the carrots and finely chop both vegetables.
- It does not have to be perfect because then we are going to crush them, but it is convenient to have small pieces.
- Heat a jet of extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan and cook the vegetables over low heat, so that they are done slowly without browning. We season.
- When the vegetables are poached, add the flour and stir, while continuing to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the wine, raise the heat a little and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Finally we add the broth and cook the whole for about 10-15 minutes.
- We crush the sauce and return it to the casserole. We taste the point of salt and adjust to taste. We already have the sauce ready to incorporate the meatballs and cook.
Preparation of meat dumplings in sauce. Final presentation
- We remove the dough for the meatballs from the fridge, take pinches the size of a walnut and bowl.
- We pass the meat balls by flour and fry in abundant hot oil. We just want to seal the meat, so a minute is enough.
- We remove the meatballs from the oil, draining the excess well so that there are no fats, and we put them in the saucepan with the sauce.
- We cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes and we already have some meatballs in a yummy sauce ready to serve.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for beef dumplings in sauce. Do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect.
Tips for perfect meatballs in sauce
- So that the meatballs are not greasy, drain them well after frying. We can leave them on absorbent paper before taking them to the saucepan with the sauce.
- The meat of the meatballs can be varied to taste: beef, pork, chicken or a mixture of any of the three. Whichever meat is chosen, always ensure that it is of good quality and that it contains some fat.
- The spices and condiments that we add to the meatballs mix work very well, but if you like others more or do not have the ones we indicate, you can always adjust it to your needs.
- When you prepare the meatballs, you leave space between them, without piling in the casserole. Otherwise, they will end up hitting each other and lose their shape and charm.
- One of the advantages is that these meatballs in sauce freeze very well, so we always make a lot of them and divide them into individual portions. It is great to have several tuppers to throw away when there is no time to cook.