- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.7 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make meatballs in Madrid .
Every time I think of meatballs, the ones I have eaten at home since I was little come to mind.
One of those dishes that accompany you all your life and that are always welcome at the table.
Proof that we love them at home, is that on the blog we already have 20 meatball recipes. With a variety of ingredients, sauces and garnishes. You have a wide selection to choose from and not to repeat.
There are the most classic, the meatballs in sauce and the meatballs with tomato , the most seafood like the delicious cuttlefish or choco meatballs and the meatballs of cod , and even international cuisine such as the well-known Greek meatballs.
It is an easy recipe, with basic ingredients and that will not rob you of much time in the kitchen. Also, if you have kids at home, it is a good option to involve them in household chores and they will surely enjoy preparing the meatballs.
These meatballs in Madrid are similar to the classic ones with tomato sauce , although the ones we have on the blog are with chicken. The madrileñas are made with beef and pork, also add bacon and then bay leaf in the sauce. When making them, there are variations such as adding chicken broth , vegetables to the sauce or hard-boiled egg in the garnish.
What is essential with the meatballs, is to accompany them with a good artisan bread to sauté in the sauce. It is an added value that makes this recipe even more appetizing.
Preparation of the meatballs
- We soak the bread crumb in milk. We reserve.
- In a bowl, add the minced meat and the minced bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the drained breadcrumb and mix well.
- We form the meatballs with the help of our hands. We pass them by flour and brown them in extra virgin olive oil. We reserve.
- Chop the onion and garlic in “brunoise”. In the same oil to fry the meatballs, poach over medium heat. We salt to taste.
- Add the meatballs and pour the wine. We raise the fire and cook about 5 minutes, so that the alcohol evaporates.
- Now add the crushed natural tomato and mix.
- We add the laurel. We let cook 20 minutes, over low heat, so that the sauce thickens.
Preparation of the potatoes and final presentation of the meatballs
- While the meatballs are cooking, we peel the potatoes and dice them. Fry in extra virgin olive oil.
- As a final touch, chop the fresh parsley and sprinkle over the casserole.
- We serve hot on the table, accompanied by the fried potatoes.
You can see all the photos of the step by step recipe of meatballs in Madrid in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be luxurious.
Tips for some yummy dumplings
- In the process of making the meat base. If you see that you have not drained the bread that you have soaked in milk and that the mixture does not fit well, it is because there is plenty of moisture.
- You can add a little breadcrumb to make it compact, united but juicy. It should never be dry, but instead of meat balls you will have stones
- As a garnish you can also make white rice or vegetables, some sautéed vegetables in the pan or grill, some roasted potatoes, etc. The truth is that these meatballs go well with anything you want.
- Nor forget about those who have to eat / dine at work, since these meatballs are also perfect to take in a tupper and enjoy them at lunchtime. A touch of microwave and ready.