- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.3 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to make a hazelnut ice cream . We continue with creamy ice cream recipes that they like so much at home, after the nougat ice cream it is the turn of the second favorite at home, the hazelnut ice cream .
After several tests we are left with this recipe, a dessert full of hazelnut flavor that satisfies our passion for dried fruit, with all the smoothness of the dairy base and the sweetness of the best Galician honey that my friend Suso collects in his hives lucenses.
Hazelnuts are a good source of protein and monounsaturated fats, they reduce bad cholesterol and slightly increase good cholesterol, they are also rich in vitamin E that keeps our skin and heart super healthy. Perhaps they are one of the best nuts and we should eat them regularly, either in a salad, sautéed, with breakfast cereals or as in this frozen dessert.
In the home pantry we always have a few since they preserve better than other nuts, as they contain less fat and act as a preservative for vitamin E. I recommend you buy them whole, since the crushed ones contain less nutrients.
I leave you with an ice cream super easy to make without any rare ingredients, just eggs, milk, cream, honey and nuts, a great combination and a classic. So that you can see that to make a creamy and soft ice cream it is not necessary to use invert sugar, whip whites, cream, cream or add creme fraiche .
You have no excuse to get down to work and make your own homemade hazelnut ice cream .
Preparation of the hazelnut paste
This ice cream can be made with or without a refrigerator, the difference is minimal because the fat base of the hazelnut and dairy oils makes it easy to prepare. I explain how to do it in both ways.
- Add the liquid cream and whole milk to a saucepan and heat until it is tempered.
- Grind the hazelnuts with the mincer until they are as thin as possible.
- We separate about 50 g of the chopped hazelnuts to add at the end of the butter process and the rest we put in mortar, until a light cream is formed.
- First we will turn the crushed hazelnuts into powder and then. Helped with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, we will make a hazelnut paste.
- The crushing process will take us about 15 minutes. In it the hazelnut will release its oil and it will transform into a simply delicious liquid porridge. Ideal for this ice cream or for other desserts.
- Essential to be able to make the famous praline that we use in other sweet recipes.
Preparation of the base of our hazelnut ice cream
- Once the hazelnut base paste is prepared for the ice cream. We separate the eggs. It is best to crack the egg more carefully than normal.
- Exactly through the center to make an opening between the two halves in which the thumb fits. We can help ourselves with a knife.
- We hold the egg in a bowl and with the wide end down. We carefully lift the smallest half of the shell.
- Part of the white will fall into the bowl, while the yolk will remain in the larger half of the shell.
- Carefully slide the yolk towards the small piece of the shell and then again towards the large one so that the rest of the white falls into the bowl.
- From there to another bowl with the rest of the yolks that we have separated. It seems easy and it is, but the best thing is to do it several times, practice will make it super easy.
- We beat the yolks manually with rods or a simple fork until it stays like a cream.
- Add the yolks, honey and hazelnuts to the cream-milk cream.
- We beat everything very well until the ingredients are well integrated.
- We leave a few minutes on low heat and without stirring. This way we will make the cream integrate well until it thickens a little. Important that it should not boil or it will cut.
Preparation of hazelnut ice cream. Manually
- We let the hazelnut cream cool completely before putting it in a container or lid.
- We put all the mixture in the fridge. We must leave it there at least three hours before we start working with it.
- If we make the ice cream with a refrigerator we have to leave the cream for several hours in the fridge and then we can keep it. To butter is to convert the cream that we have into a kind of butter where we must break the ice crystals through movement and introduce air into the mixture.
- It is the most important step to achieve our goal: creamy ice cream. We introduce the air into the mixture either with the manual shake or with a refrigerator.
- Manually. When we make the ice cream without a fridge, my recommendation is to have the cream in the fridge for about three hours and then put it in the freezer for another hour of rest.
- Finally we will spend another two and a half hours stirring the ice cream in the freezer every so often to break the crystallization.
- To remove, we take it out and transfer the cream to a metal bowl that we have previously had in the fridge. It has to be very cold.
- We beat with some rods to avoid the formation of the crystals. Because as much fat as the base of the ice cream has, they can be formed.
- During the first hour I recommend doing it every ten minutes. Then every thirty minutes and so about three times.
- At the end of everything, add the chopped hazelnuts. Then we definitely leave it in the freezer until the next day.
Preparation of the base of our hazelnut ice cream. With refrigerator
- With refrigerator. This method is much easier.
- We take the cream from the fridge and go to the refrigerator that we will have had in the freezer for 24 hours.
- We beat the cream with the spatula constantly. This brings air into the mix, making the crystals smaller and the mix lighter.
- The process will take 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the quality of the refrigerator.
- Once we see that the cream begins to butter we add the chopped hazelnuts that we have reserved to create rich stumbles in the ice cream.
- If we see that it takes time to butter, the trick is to butter for 15 minutes.
- We put everything in the freezer again (goblet with ice cream) another half an hour, and repeat the process again.
- Once we have the butter mixture, we just have to put it in a taper and freeze until the next day.
And here you have it, one of the best ice creams you have ever prepared. Get hooked on the yummy ice creams.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes.
Remember that at home we can prepare incredible ice creams using simple products such as base, milk, cream, sugar and eggs. From these prepare almost any flavor ice cream, chocolate , vanilla ice cream , frozen yogurt , nougat , … Imagination to power.