- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a Galician cheese . This is one of those dessert recipes that is a clear example that you don’t have to be a great chef to make a yummy cheesecake.
So if you are starting in the kitchen and you want your first dessert and that it turns out perfect the first time, this is your recipe. A cheesecake similar to original cheese but with variations.
This is a very simple adaptation of the famous quesada but in the Galician style, just as my sister Nuria prepared for birthdays. And it is that with products such as Galicia Calidade it is impossible to go wrong. Eggs, milk, fresh cheese from the country, butter … products that have been in our memory for as long as I can remember and are still there to make our lives easier.
Every time I go to Ourense I not only come with the car loaded with potatoes, vegetables from my father’s garden and fruit, but I also stop by the food market. There a rigorous stop at Amalia Mosteiro, its cheeses seduce you. Even his famous spilled cow’s milk cheese would go great with this tart.
You will find a dessert with a soft cheese flavor with a consistency similar to that of a pudding that when you start you can not stop, you will want to repeat the portion. This is one of those cheesecake recipes that you have listed in your header cookbook. A magical notebook from which delicious recipes that lend you here and there come out.
Today’s recipe gives us with pleasure so that everyone can prepare it. If after preparing this Galician cheese cake you feel like it, you can try the authentic quesada pasiega del norte. To the kitchen my friends, enjoy.
Baked cheesecake preparation
- We wash the lemon very well, dry and grate its skin. We reserve.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar. When they are like this, add the lemon zest and the butter in the ointment. We beat well until all the ingredients are integrated. The butter must be soft, with an ointment texture to be able to work it.
- Add the fresh cheese and with a fork begin to crumble it until it is as crumbs.
- We incorporate the flour and the teaspoon of cinnamon and mix until we have a homogeneous paste. Finally we continue with the milk, pour into the mixture and beat until integrated. If we want to achieve a fine texture, without lumps of cheese, we pass the mixture through the mixer.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C 10 minutes before baking our Galician cheese.
- We pour the mixture into a container previously greased with butter as long as the mold is not silicone.
Baking of the Galician cheese
- We put the Galician cheese in the oven. With the option of heat up and down, in the middle tray of the same at 190º C for about 45 minutes. If you do it on the oven rack, it would be 5 minutes less minutes.
- As I mentioned in some other recipe, it all depends on the oven and the mold that we are going to use. In this case a 28 cm metal mold that I usually use for the Santiago cake . Always look with a fork and when it is dry, remove.
- A little advice, cover the quesada with silver or aluminum foil so that the top does not burn. You remove it when there are 15 minutes of cooking so that we have a golden appearance.
- It is recommended to prick the cake with a fork or toothpick and see if it offers resistance and see if it comes out clean, so you will not have surprises with this cake. I assure you that it comes out the first time, it is very easy.
- Let cool for a few hours in the fridge. This dessert is much better the next day very cold. You can leave it prepared the day before for any meal or even as a base for a slightly more elaborate dessert. We unmold.
- So it will be very good but if you add a few strings of Galician honey on top … it will be delicious.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the Galician cheese recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.