- 20 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.28 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make a cheesecake . This fresh cake has been sent to me by my friend Sonia and it fits very well for any special occasion, with your family or your partner.
It is a cheese cake “almost light”, I am not going to say that it is light at all but if we take away some calories from the dessert better than better. If you want to prepare it without low-fat ingredients, you will have a creamier dessert.
It is very easy to prepare and is high in dairy (so it has a lot of calcium), low in fat and is a fairly light dessert. It is best to prepare it in advance, reserve it for a day in the fridge and it will be delicious.
The cake has a basic ingredient that is what makes it look so appetizing, the curd powder . This ingredient acts similarly to gelatin.
E l rennet was discovered in Egypt, they were the ones who discovered that when milk was kept in casings calf is torn up (due to an enzyme called renin or chymosin) getting the product to be retained better, was the beginning and then make cheese .
Over time this technique has been perfected and now chymosin is practically synthetic, easier to obtain and to manipulate. I leave you with the recipe, I hope you like it, I assure you that it is very good, I have prepared it for Valentine’s Day and I have succeeded as Los Pecos.
How to make liquid caramel
- This dessert can be prepared with caramel that usually comes made in any supermarket, although I recommend preparing it at home, it is super simple.
- To make your own caramel, we put a saucepan on the fire and add 5 tablespoons of sugar, a minute add a tablespoon of squeezed lemon. This whole process should be over medium heat so that it is not done too quickly.
- Add the water (1/2 small glass) and stir the syrup in circles with a wooden spoon, it usually does not take more than 5-6 minutes.
- When it begins to caramelize it will take on a typical honey color (the color is very important because if it is too dark it means that the flavor will no longer be caramel but bitter). We pass it to a cake container (if you do not have it you can use it in which you usually make cakes at home).
- With great care, because the freshly made caramel reaches very very high temperatures and you can burn yourself (I tell you from experience, when I was little I ran my finger over freshly made caramel for a flan and I was almost without a trace, it did not happen again … ), we bathe the mold that we are going to use for the cake on the sides so that all the caramelized mold remains.
- We place the Maria cookies covering the entire base, they must be glued to the mold by the caramel, otherwise they will come off when we introduce the curd and cheese mixture. We let it cool down.
- We put to heat over low heat in a saucepan the liquid cream and the cheese, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick and the cheese gradually dissolves.
- In parallel, we temper the milk and dilute the curd envelopes in it , taking care that there are no lumps, if necessary we give it a touch of a mixer so that there are none. Once we have it well diluted we add it to the casserole in which we have the cream and the milk, we raise the heat a little and continue stirring until it begins to boil, at which time we will remove the mixture from the fire and add the sugar. We beat everything very well with the mixer until we have a cream-like liquid, such as a soft béchamel.
- Finally we pour the previous mixture in a mold that previously we will have smeared with the liquid caramel that we have previously prepared and covered with Maria cookies, so that when we go to unmold these they remain as the base of the cake. Keep in mind that depending on the size of the container the dessert will be thinner or thicker, that to your liking.
- We put it in the fridge and ready to eat the next day. Carefully unmold in a large platter, its appearance is similar to cheese flan but for me its flavor is milder and creamier.
I hope you like it and you will tell if you prepare it.