- 35 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.8 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to make broken eggs with octopus
This dish is like a gastronomic ecstasy, since my two favorite foods come together, rich fried eggs and Galician octopus.
I always insist that a good raw material is the key to success, and this recipe is a good example of this. With Galician potatoes, eggs and octopus, with the seal of Galicia Calidade , this dish will be impressive.
Like a good Galician, the octopus is part of my life, from a very young age. In the daily menus, in the celebrations, in the visits to the family, it was (and is) frequent to come across a traditional octopus á feira , an octopus empanada or something more forceful like the delicious octopus to the Mugardesa .
Broken eggs are a very popular dish. They get us out of trouble at any time, and just adding the best accompaniment to create a fantastic dish.
On the blog we have many options with broken or crashed eggs , with chorizo , with baby eels , with ham, with chistorra , with mushrooms , etc.
We like them so much that it is difficult not to ask for them when we go out for tapas in the neighborhood or on visits to Ourense, where they are already present in the letters of many locals in the Wine area.
Preparation of the base potatoes and the octopus
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them in bakery. Cut the onion into julienne strips. Garlic cloves in thin slices.
- We cut the octopus (already cooked, you can our post on how to cook octopus ) into thin slices. We reserve.
- We fry the potatoes in extra virgin olive oil. We want to make them to a point that they are fried but not crisp. We withdraw and reserve.
- In a frying pan, pour a sheet of olive oil. When it reaches temperature, add the onion and garlic, cook for ten minutes over medium heat. We salt to taste.
Preparation of broken eggs with octopus
- It is the turn of the eggs. We fry them in the same oil, so that we have the tender yolk, to be able to dip it later with the bread. We salt to taste.
- We plated. First a bed of potatoes, we continue with the onion and garlic, finishing with the fried eggs. We “break” them with a knife.
- Now we add the octopus, which we distribute evenly.
- Finally, we are going to season the “Galician” dish .
- A little salt, sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and as a final touch, sprinkle with paprika de la Vera (spicy or sweet, I leave it to your liking).
Of course it is a simple and quick dish to make, Galicia on a plate.
You can see all the step by step photos of the recipe for these broken eggs with octopus in this album. Do not miss any detail and they will be perfect, come on, repeat over and over again.
Tips for a few broken eggs with octopus
- This dish is very easy to prepare. The only circumstance is if you want to cook the octopus at home, but do not panic, since in the blog you will find how to cook octopus and not die trying.
- To season these broken eggs with octopus, you could not miss the Vera Paprika, an essential product to give the dish its “á feira” style.
- It can be spicy, sweet, bittersweet, this I leave to your choice. And do not forget about the rest of the diners, who with this spicy one never knows.
- Since we are using Galician products, the perfect complements for this recipe would be good artisan bread, such as Pan de Cea (Ourense), which has a PGI and a bottle of wine from one of the 5 Galician DOs. In our case we have paired with a red mencía, from the Ribeira Sacra.