- Very easy
- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.8 € / person
This original recipe is a classic at home when we have film or football sessions with friends, or for those dinners where I don’t have much time. You barely stain the kitchen and hard work is done by the oven. Curiosity piqued you? Do you like wings If the answer is yes, this is your recipe, different from the fried ones, just as tasty and juicy, but with a crisp touch that will delight young and old.
These wings are a basic idea, but you can tune them as you like. The classic breading can be spiced with herbs, cheese or a spicy touch, in any case the batter will be super crunchy, as you can hear when you watch the video . Being baked they don’t need much oil and the house doesn’t suck either. Do you dare with them? You will tell me if you liked them.
Preparation of the wings
- When you buy wings, it is normal to get them whole, that is, wing, tip and thigh. We cut the tip and separate the thigh, with your hand you dislocate the bone and with a knife you separate it, it takes less than 5 seconds. We place them free of hairs in a source and season with salt and pepper. We reserve.
- We preheat the oven to 220ºC, heat up and down and air.
- We beat the egg with the whole milk in a flat bowl or a bowl. Mix the wheat flour with the sweet paprika, the salt and the freshly ground black pepper. We reserve.
- We prepare three containers of a size that you can perfectly fit the chicken wings. In one we place the breadcrumbs (you can use extra crunchy breadcrumbs, you will find it in any supermarket or large area), in another the beaten egg mixed with the milk and in the third the mixed flour.
- We pass the chicken first through the flour, then through the egg and finally through the breadcrumbs, squeezing enough so that it is well breaded. If you do not want to get stained you can use tweezers or a pair of forks, because if you use your fingers at the end you will have a rather unpleasant cementitious paste.
- In a baking dish, large enough to fit the chopped chicken in a single layer, put a little butter and melt it in the preheated oven. We put the wings on the tray (watch out for the oven, don’t burn) and roast them at 190ºC for 10-12 minutes. After that time we turn them over and continue cooking for another 10-12 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.
- Now all that remains is to put them on the plate and accompany them with your favorite sauce. A little homemade , normal or spicy tomato sauce is perfect, but you can use the one you like best: barbecue sauce, mojo picón , mayonnaise , aioli, ketchup, honey mustard… You will see that they are delicious, they are eaten like pipes, a after another.
As an accompaniment, a little tomato salad, some roasted potatoes or a little grilled sweet corn, although it is so good that you will surely ignore them until you have finished the last piece of chicken. To lick your fingers.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours. Perfect for a light dinner, a party or, yes, a delicious way to share food with friends and the people you love.
Tricks and tips
- You can make this recipe with a spicy touch, like they do in Mexico. Mix salt with ground black pepper, hot paprika and if you like risk a little ground cayenne. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and let it marinate well for 15 minutes. Then we follow the steps of the recipe.
- This dish is much less fat than fried chicken wings since they are made in their own juice. You can even substitute butter for a little extra virgin olive oil, although the touch of flavor that butter gives it is incredible.
- The same procedure is valid for chicken drumsticks although they need more time in the oven so they do not stay raw inside.
- If the wings have traces of feathers, the most effective is to use a torch to burn them and thus easily remove them. If you do not have a blowtorch, using a lighter will suffice.