- 25 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.8 € / person
How to prepare a cream of green or green asparagus. I almost always prepare them grilled or grilled asparagus, even at some dinner they fall into a scramble with some garlic and a little bacon. But this time I have decided on a cream version recipe . A homemade, healthy and very simple dish that I am sure you will like.
The asparagus are the tastiest of his family, unlike whites are thinner and elongated. You can find them on the slopes of the roads in the wild from late winter to mid-April. Although if you are not very fond of walks in the countryside, in any supermarket you will find several types depending on their thickness. In addition to its great flavor, asparagus has very few calories due to its high proportion of water, and its high fiber content provides a feeling of satiety, helping to reduce appetite.
This cream of asparagus is a healthy, economic and very appetizing solution for a dinner if you fancy a rich spoon dish. Vegetable creams have recently become a classic of my quick and easy dinners, so I go to bed with a healthy and very complete dish.
Any of the yummy creams that we have on the blog, such as pumpkin , turnip greens or leeks , should be present at least once on our weekly menu. They are easy to prepare and do not require much time. I invite you to try at least once the cream that I present today, a delicious way to eat asparagus. I hope you like it.
Preparation of the cream of asparagus
- We pass the asparagus under the tap to clean them and remove the remains of dirt or dirt that they bring.
- For this cream we are going to use only the thick part of the asparagus so we will cut through the area before the stem, the most tender part of it. We reserve the asparagus tips for the end of the recipe.
- The trunk that we have left we will cut into small pieces so that they are well done by frying them with the rest of the vegetables. We reserve.
- Peel the onions and the leek, removing the outer layers and cut into julienne strips. In a saucepan, pour a little extra virgin olive oil and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat. We add a little salt to release part of the water and the parsley, thyme and oregano. Mix well with the onion and leek.
- Now add the asparagus pieces, mix and sauté together for another 5 minutes. We want them to cook and soften before cooking.
- Pour the cream and water into the saucepan so that all the ingredients are covered.
- We cook 10 minutes over high heat, taking a look from time to time so that we do not run out of liquid and stick to the casserole. We taste and season to taste the moment it starts to boil.
Final preparation and presentation of the cream of asparagus
- After the cooking time, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- We crush well with the hand blender or with the blender glass, resulting in a slightly thick mashed textured mixture.
- We will check how the cream acquires that characteristic green color. Depending on your taste, you can add a little more cream to achieve the desired cream point, looser or thicker.
- After crushing you have the option of passing it through a strainer or a Chinese. In this way we will help to remove all the strands of the asparagus.
- For the final touch of the dish we are going to sauté the asparagus that we have reserved. In a little bit of virgin olive oil, sauté the tips of the asparagus. About 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat in a pan is more than enough.
- We cut some flakes of our favorite cured cheese and we already have all the ingredients to assemble the dish.
- We serve the warm asparagus cream on the table.
- Decorate with the tender tips of asparagus and the flakes of cheese on the plate of each diner.
We can make this cream of asparagus the day before. Even freeze it in a pie plate, since it does not take potatoes to defrost very well.
We must serve it very hot and we can accompany it with a bit of cheese in chips or fried bread croutons. As you can see, it is a simple and very healthy recipe. Perfect to give a special touch to any first daily dish.