For 2 € 1.1 /pers. 327 kcal/100g
- Bread (two pieces of toast) choose a compact bread that can withstand the stirring
- 150g. of mushrooms
- 4 eggs M
- 15 ml. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to each household’s taste)
- To present: Some arugula leaves)
Many times, the passage of the day means that when we get home we do not have the energy to go into the kitchen to prepare a delicacy with which to reward the day’s effort. There are days when fatigue even reaches levels that almost hide hunger.
For those occasions, there are some recipes that work great: they are prepared in a short time, they are light and they are so delicious that they make us recover our spirits. Today we bring you one of those recipes, the scrambled mushroom toast , an egg and mushroom recipe perfect for those moments when we want to enjoy with little effort. Similar to the one we recently published, the mushroom scramble , but with mushrooms, also very delicious.
This mushroom recipe is great for the season, a perfect solution for those autumn nights when the cold begins to take its toll on tiredness and what we want is to get home and put on the blanket as soon as possible. Although it already works as a light dinner on its own, some good options to accompany the scrambled mushroom toast are a pumpkin cream , a Castilian soup or an onion soup .
In general, spoon dishes are a good option to combine with this recipe and combat the cold, and they have the advantage that you can leave them prepared so that they have to be heated and served directly. The greatest virtue of scrambled mushroom toast is how quickly you can prepare it and how delicious it is.
Furthermore, with this recipe we are going to give you some tricks so that it has a super creamy texture and gains even more when it comes to putting it in your mouth. Looks like this recipe has no flaws, huh? Let’s see if it’s true by seeing how it’s prepared.
Preparation of the mushroom scramble
- The first thing we will do is peel and cut the garlic into thin slices. If you prefer to hide the flavor of garlic, you can chop it into very small pieces. We also take the opportunity to wash the mushrooms and, if we don’t already have them ready in slices, cut them. We can also prepare the bread for the toast: choose the piece we are going to use and open it in half.
- When we have the garlic ready and the mushrooms ready, heat a non-stick frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. First we sauté the garlic and, when it begins to take on a little color, we add the mushrooms and let them cook over low heat, letting them release the water little by little.
- It is important that, while the mushrooms are cooking, we do not cover the pan, because the objective is for the liquid to evaporate. While the mushrooms are cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl and proceed to beat. Here’s the big trick: don’t beat the egg too much . We don’t want to foam the beaten egg, because, if we leave it a little early, it will have a great creamy texture.
- Once we have managed to evaporate the water, we add the eggs, add a little finely chopped parsley and a little salt. The temperature for our scrambled eggs to be done perfectly is medium heat. At low heat, it will take too long to set, while at high heat it will lose that creamy touch we are looking for.
- Stir the mixture well for a few minutes until the egg begins to set. It is important to stir well to prevent it from sticking to the pan. The trick here is to have a little patience and love, nothing more.
Preparation and final presentation of the toast
- Once we have the scrambled eggs, we remove it to a plate and pass the toast bread that we had prepared before through the hot frying pan. A great trick is, once we have toasted it to taste, rub a peeled clove of garlic and add a splash of oil to give it even more flavor. But be careful, it is important not to take too long to remove the toast from the heat so that the scrambled eggs do not remain cold (it is best to eat it very warm).
- Finally, we serve the mushroom scramble on top of the toast and enjoy the end of the day with a simple but unbeatable flavor.
As you can see, the recipe for scrambled mushroom toast doesn’t have much mystery: you just have to know how to make very juicy scrambled eggs and start enjoying. There is no excuse not to have dinner when you get home tired: this toast is the definitive solution.
Toasts are a great idea for a light and quick dinner, and there are variations as elegant as salmon and orange toasts or hearty ones like loin and vegetables with barbecue sauce . For those moments when tiredness outweighs hunger, they are a great solution, don’t you think?